Combining egg salad, bacon, green onions, herbs, on a buttery, flaky croissant is a fabulous way to dress up all those leftover hard boiled eggs. This egg salad is just as fabulous served on a bed of lettuce as it is in an egg salad sandwich.
BACON EGG SALAD
We’re getting a beautiful weather surprise this week. At the end of last week, we had a bit of a cold front come over and it took us from the awful 90 down to the low 70s (and even 50 at night). The surprise is actually the part that this gorgeous 70s weather is staying all the way through Easter.
I’m so glad that we don’t have to sweat our tushes off in the 90 degree weather while little man hunts for eggs outside. I remember one year when it was so hot and sunny, he gave up after just 3 eggs. It’s always heartbreaking when the weather interferes with our fun.
This year, I am keeping it simple and small on Easter. We are just spending the day with family and doing all the traditional kid activities at home. After taking him to many big events, I realized that it gets SO crazy, with so many kids climbing over each other to get to an egg, that all the fun is taken out of the day.
Sweet, small, and simple is the way to go for us. Inviting a couple of friends over and doing some hunting, egg decorating, and games will be the sweetest way to spend this holiday.
Now, for the big Easter dilemma, what to do with all the leftover eggs and ham?
The traditional, and the best, ways to use up all the Easter eggs is to make egg salad and deviled eggs. I’m the one that always opts for making egg salad because I can always go for an egg salad sandwich. My absolute favorite is an egg salad sandwich in a pita with cheese and pickles. Yes, I said pickles and I’m not ashamed. It’s awesome in an egg salad.
Although, bacon is just as awesome. Bacon is awesome on just about everything. I take that back…bacon is awesome on EVERYTHING! Egg salad, bacon, green onions, herbs, and a buttery, flaky croissant is a fabulous way to dress up all those leftover hard boiled eggs.
Some More Recipes From Me:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Bacon and Green Onion Egg Salad
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- 4-5 crispy bacon strips
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayo
- Crispy bacon strips
- Egg salad
- Croissant rolls
- Hard boiled eggs: bring water to boil in a medium pot (enough to cover the eggs). Add eggs carefully, using a large spoon, so you don't crack the eggs. Cover, boil for about a minute and turn off the heat. Leave the pot on the same burner but with heat turned off. Let eggs sit in the pot, still covered, for about 20-25 minutes. This method has not failed me yet but you are of course free to use your method of making hard boiled eggs.
- Peel and dice hard boiled eggs. Add them to a mixing bowl.
- Dice crispy cooked bacon strips and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add green onions, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Gently mix until ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Add mayo and fold it in until it's evenly incorporated.