Refreshing, aromatic iced green tea made with fresh blueberries and blackberries. This iced tea had the best mild berry flavor from the addition of an easy homemade blueberry-blackberry syrup. It’s a mildly sweet tea but can be adjusted to your own personal sweetness preference.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Oh, my vacation is over. It’s always so sad when a vacation has to end. No matter how much fun you have on vacation or how relaxing it’s been, you have to go back to work when it’s over. Back to school, back to work, back to chores and responsibilities. But, I don’t wanna!
I always look forward to vacations with excitement, counting the days before it starts. Last week, it was my son’s spring break from school so our out-of-state relatives came to visit and it was my hubby’s birthday. We had a lot of fun traveling and hanging out with the family followed by a BBQ birthday party on Saturday. Big week, lots of fun, and on Sunday night came the overwhelming sadness that the next day is Monday and it will be all over soon.
To quote Garfield, “I hate Mondays!” Mondays after vacation are even worse.
During spring break week, I got to play around with a few spring recipes. I packed my fridge with gorgeous blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries and experimented with a few recipe ideas I had in mind. I came up with a new fruit salad recipe, iced green tea recipe, and a dessert taco recipe that is to die for. Dessert taco recipe was my favorite one and even I was surprised at how tasty it turned out.
But we’re not talking about tacos today, we’re talking about this beautiful, refreshing Blueberry Blackberry Iced Green Tea. It’s a very simple iced tea and it will be a perfect addition to your first outdoor dinner. Whether you’re planning to fire up the grill and barbecue at the sight of warm weather or you will just take your dinner to the patio, this iced tea will be the perfect refreshment. Better yet, take a tall glass of this tea and a blueberry muffin while you sit outside and enjoy the first signs of spring.
Blueberry Blackberry Iced Green TeaPrint Rate
- 12 oz blueberries
- 12 oz blackberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar (more if sweeter tea is desired)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 quarts boiling water
- 6 green tea bags (regular not iced tea bags)
- In a medium sauce pot, combine blueberries, blackberries, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and sugar. Set heat to medium, mix and cover the pot with a lid.
- Bring mixture to simmer and lower the heat to medium-low. Let the mixture cook, stirring often, for about 15 minutes. (Be careful so that the mixture doesn't over-run. Leave a little crack in the lid so the heat can escape.)
- Take off heat.
- Bring 3 quarts of water to boil and turn it off.
- Steep 6 green tea bags until strong tea is reached. You want the tea to be a little stronger that a usual hot cup of tea because it will be served with ice.
- After desired strength is reached, take out the tea bags.
- Stir if blueberry-blackberry mixture into the tea. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the tea to a pitcher with a lid and refrigerate until cold and ready to serve.
- Serve it cold or over ice.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!