This is one amazing grilled cheese and guaranteed to make any dad very happy! Manly Bourbon infused Bacon Mushroom & Onion Grilled Cheese where mushrooms and onions are sauteed with bourbon and bacon is glazed with bourbon while baking. Flavors in this sandwich are incredible!
Make sure to follow me on Instagram?
This is one awesomesauce grilled cheese and you will definitely need a man-sized appetite for it!
Coming up with this sandwich was a joint effort. Do you remember Maple Dijon Bacon that I made while reviewing the new cookbook from Recipe Girl? I hope you do, it was an amazing bacon and she changed my whole outlook on baking it with her recipe.
Anyway, when I was planning my Father’s Day recipes, hubs suggested that I bake bacon with bourbon for a kick of flavor and make a bacon grilled cheese. Awesome idea! I decided to take it a step further and add mushrooms and onions sauteed with bourbon.
Wow, oh wow, it came out amazing!
Bourbon Bacon Mushrom & Onion Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices bourbon baked bacon
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
- salt pepper
- 4 oz sharp white cheddar
- Bacon:Preheat the oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, covering it entirely and up the sides. Lay out bacon strips in the baking sheet and cook it for about 15 minutes. (Please note that total bake time will depend on the thickness of bacon you are using.) Pull out the baking sheet and brush bacon strips with some bourbon. Put bacon back in the oven and bake until bacon is fully done.
- Meanwhile preheat cooking pan on medium heat with some oil. Add mushrooms and onions and season it with salt and pepper. Saute until they are almost cooked and add bourbon. Saute, stirring often, for 3-5 more minutes. Set aside.
- Once bacon is ready, build your grilled cheese, layering cheese, bacon, mushrooms & onions on sourdough slice. Top off with more cheese and second slice of bread. Cook on medium low, pressing it once in a while, until bread is golden on both sides.
Check out these delicious grilled cheese recipes from other bloggers!
Grown Up Grilled Cheese from Just a Taste
Pimento Grilled Cheese from Taste and Tell
Pumpkin Chocolate and Brie Grilled Cheese from Two Peas in Their Pod
More Grilled Cheese Recipes From Me!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!