Hearty meatballs always make a delicious classic dinner and flavor variety is practically endless. These tomato basil meatballs are made with a combination of beef and pork and flavored with sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Creamy tomato basil sauce compliments these meatballs perfectly.
CREAMY TOMATO BASIL MEATBALLS
Meatballs!! Anyone else’s family goes crazy for meatballs?
Every time I tell my husband that we’re having meatballs for dinner, he gets super excited. If he was a dog, he’d be wagging his tails and whimpering until the meatballs were ready. Aside from our favorite dinner, meatballs are also a party favorite.
Imagine serving meatballs every day for a month, can you actually get tired of them? NOPE, it’s impossible to get tired of meatballs because of how many different flavor and meat possibilities there are. Meatballs can be made of ANY kind of meat, think chicken, turkey, beef, lamb, veal, and any other meat that you can come up with. Sauces and flavors are also endless, much like the ways of serving them. Meatball subs rock, don’t you agree?!
These tomato basil meatballs is a new meatball recipe from me and I am in love with them. I love the sauce just as much as the meatballs. Fresh basil is an herb that makes everything better and paired with tomato, it’s a classic and delightful taste. I’ve also thrown in some sun-dried tomatoes into the meatball mixture for an additional tomato flavor.
These meatballs are creamy, juicy, and a tasty perfection!
More Meatball Recipes To Try:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Creamy Tomato Basil Meatballs
- 1.25 lb ground beef I prefer 80%/20% lean for juicier meatballs
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 slices dense bread crumbled
- 1/2 cup minced Vidalia onion
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves presssed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 3 Tbsp dry Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the meatballs.
- Mix very well, until all ingredients are evenly incorporated throughout.
- Form meatballs that are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. (You can make them bigger or smaller if you prefer.)
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and add a couple of tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Place meatballs in the pan, cover with a lid and cook until almost done, turning the meatballs over half way through the cooking.
- In a sauce pot, add olive oil and preheat the pot over medium heat.
- Add pressed garlic and saute until flagrant.
- Add heavy whipping cream and whisk in tomato paste, sour cream, dry Parmesan cheese and salt to taste. Whisk well and let the sauce heat through.
- Stir in minced basil.
- Once the sauce is hot, set it aside. Drain off most of the the meat juice from the pan with meatballs and add the creamy tomato basil sauce to the meatballs.
- Let the meatballs simmer over medium-low heat for a few minutes.