Soft and light lemon cupcakes made with lemon zest and white chocolate flavors throughout and topped with a smooth and creamy raspberry cream cheese frosting. Raspberry, lemon, and white chocolate flavors compliment each other beautifully in this luscious cupcake.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
These cupcakes are SO cute and the flavor combination is undeniably delicious. Raspberries always go so well with lemon and with white chocolate, or in the case of these cupcakes, there are BOTH!
You know what occasion these adorable cupcakes will be just perfect for?
A baby shower!
These cupcakes will make a beautiful centerpiece at a baby shower for a little girl. You can adorn these cupcakes with candy pearls on top or some edible sparkles. I used shaved white chocolate on top of my cupcakes for even MORE white chocolate flavor.
Over the last few months, I’ve been thinking of a creative way to announce the new addition to our family. I’ve been thinking, and thinking, and nothing super creatives was coming to me.
So now, here I am, 33 weeks pregnant and I realized that by the time I come up with a way to announce the pregnancy, I will be announcing the arrival of the baby. No more waiting…here is my adorable cupcake announcement!
(It may not be super creative but it is sweet and delicious.)
We are expecting an addition to our family in just a few short weeks! If the raspberry frosting didn’t give it away, we are having a sweet baby GIRL. We are very excited to have a girl. The whole family is VERY excited that it’s a girl because of how many boys we already have. And, the big brother is very excited to finally have a little sibling to play with. (Little does he realize that she won’t be quite ready to play as soon as she arrives.)
White Chocolate Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Raspberry Puree:
- 6 oz raspberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ Tbsp cornstarch + splash of cold water added separately
- 2-8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup of butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup raspberry puree
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Raspberry Puree:
- Add raspberries into a small sauce pot, heating over medium heat.
- Add lemon juice and sugar. Stir well.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring often and mashing the berries.
- Mix cornstarch and a splash of cold water and add it to the berries. Mix well and let it thicken. Once the berry mixture thickens, take off heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder together and set aside.
- Make sure your other ingredients are ready.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer (use paddle attachment), beat egg whites for a few seconds and slowly start pouring in sugar. Beat for 3-4 minutes, until white and fluffy.
- Start pouring in oil, slowly, as the eggs are still beating on medium-high.
- Add vanilla and lemon extract and lower the speed to low.
- Alternating, add flour mixture and buttermilk in two parts. Mix until just combined.
- Add lemon zest. Make sure to scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and mix until all incorporated.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among the cupcake cups, filling them about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting! (At least an hour.)
- Beat butter and cream cheese together, on medium-high speed, until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Lower the speed to low and beat in powdered sugar and raspberry puree.
- Turn up the speed back to medium-high and beat for about 3-4 minutes, until the frosting is light, smooth and fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes as generously as you'd like.
- Optional: add some shaved white chocolate to the top for more white chocolate flavor.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!