Easy steak dinner loaded with veggies and ready in about 45 minutes. Delicious steak stir fry made with sesame infused flavors and lots of vegetables.
Steak Stir Fry
I opened my freezer the other day and realized that I have nothing but chicken and turkey in there. It might be different cuts of chicken and turkey but that is all, no meat variety what so ever.
Even though, steaks and seafood I like to buy fresh, I didn’t even have any pork or ground beef “in stock.” That is just not like me at all but it’s true, I’ve been stuck in the chicken rot for a couple of months and I needed to change that. I needed a delicious steak dinner pronto!
Not that my husband would ever turn down a steak, but he actually requested a stir fry. Any time my husband asks for anything with veggies, I don’t question it or give him time to change his mind. I make it and make it fast. Neither my son nor my husband eat enough veggies so I jump on the change to stuff them with vegetables when I get one. A stir fry just happens to be one of the most delicious ways to pack dinner full of vegetables. It’s all in the sauce!!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Sesame Steak Stir Fry
- 1.5 lb sirloin steak can use a different cut of you wish
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large poblano pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 14 oz can baby corn drained
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 4-5 lg garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch separate
- Diced green onion
- Sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade except for the corn starch and whisk well.
- Slice the steak thinly, against the grain, and add it to the marinade. Let the steak marinade for a few minutes, while you slice and prepare all the veggies.
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and some cooking oil. Take the steaks out of the marinade (leave all the marinade in the bowl and whisk in corn starch). Cook steak pieces until almost done. Take steaks out and set aside. There will be a good amount of juice from cooking the steak, add the juices to the bowl with marinade.
- Add a little more cooking oil to the pan and add all the veggies. Stir and let veggies cook until soft.
- Add steak pieces back to the pan and add the sauce. Bring heat to medium-high and let steak and veggies cook in the sauce, stirring often, until sauce is thickened.
- Add diced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Some More Recipes From Me:
Salisbury Steak Stuffed Peppers
Roasted Garlic Rosemary Baked Meatballs
Stuffed Pepper Pasta Casserole
This looks absolutely delicious.. have to try it!
Thank you, Baxter! I really hope you will 🙂