Stuffed peppers just got better! This finger-licking stuffed pepper dish is filled with delicious ground beef mixture and gravy that makes it taste just like Salisbury steak.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
This delicious dinner treat comes to you from me and my husband, enjoy!
This dish may be named “Salisbury Steak Stuffed Peppers” here, on my site, but in my house, it’s named after my husband. Oh, I will never hear the end of gloating from my husband. It’s all he talked about for two days after I made the stuffed peppers, about how he came up with this dish and how it’s the best stuffed peppers he’s ever had. Yeap, he is totally hogging all the glory here.
Yes, yes, he did come up with the idea for stuffing peppers with Salisbury steak but I do feel like I should get the bulk of credit for actually making it. Although, if you ask him, it’s 80/20… 80% going to him, of course.
It all started when I saw some gorgeous bell peppers at the farmer’s market and told him that I wanted to make some stuffed peppers. Then, after bouncing around a few ideas for the flavors, he suggested Salisbury steak. It really was a great idea, and then an even better idea topping the peppers with Pepper Jack cheese as opposed to Provolone. It was all followed by days of grinning, and talking about him being a genius, and what would I do without him. And, even though his “I had the best idea” gloating will never stop, these really were some incredibly delicious stuffed peppers!
Salisbury Steak Stuffed Peppers
This finger-licking stuffed pepper dish is filled with delicious ground beef mixture and gravy that makes it taste just like Salisbury steak.
- 3 medium bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1. 25 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp cold beef stock
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 slices of Pepper Jack cheese
- Cut bell peppers in half, lengthwise, and take out the seeds and the membrane out. Set aside.
- Heat up a medium cooking pan and add oil. Add diced onion and saute until transparent. Add ground beef, cover and cook for a couple of minutes. Break up all the beef clumps, mix well, and add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Mix well and cook until beef is almost done. Take the beef out of the pan with a slotted spoon and set side.
- Add sliced onions to the same pan where you cooked beef and cook them until transparent. Add beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Stir cornstarch and cold beef stock until dissolved and stir the mixture into the gravy. Stir everything together and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place prepared pepper halves in a baking dish. Divide cooked ground beef among the peppers.
- Spoon some gravy and onions over each stuffed pepper. Pour remaining gravy into the baking pan, around the peppers.
- Bake peppers for 30 minutes. Add a slice of Pepper Jack cheese to each bell pepper and bake for a few more minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!