These amazing crispy fish tacos are a perfect combination of crunchy fish in a soft tortilla with a sweet and spicy relish. These tacos are made with crispy fish fingers, sweet and spicy cucumber mango relish, fresh avocado, and topped with avocado cilantro crema. Every bite is a party in your mouth!
CRISPY FISH TACOS
Sometimes I feel like I have a taste pallet of an 8-year-old because I love fish sticks and chicken fries as much my son. Sometimes, when it’s just the two of us at dinner time, I just bake us some fish sticks and fries and we happily share it. Who said that it’s just for kids?
Fish sticks are also more than just for fish and chips or dipping into ketchup. (Hope I’m not the only one to dip my crispy fish sticks in ketchup.) Did you know that crispy fish sticks are amazing in tacos? It’s a great combination of textures when a crispy fish fillet is wrapped in a soft, flour tortilla. We often take advantage of the fun “Taco Tuesday” tradition and if you do as well, try FISH TACOS!
These tacos that I’m sharing today are made even more amazing with the addition of spicy cucumber mango relish, avocado, and a cool crema.
Biting into this taco is a fantastic experience for your taste buds. It’s not just the combination of textures, but the combination of flavors too that makes it so pleasing. The crispy fish stick meets a soft tortilla and cooling cucumber and mango.
The sweet, salty, and spicy combination between the crispy fish and mango relish hits all taste areas at one. Avocado and avocado cilantro crema serves as a perfect creamy cooling agent for the chili spice.
Some More Taco Recipes To Try:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
- 8 Chunky Cod Fillet Fingers
- 4 soft taco tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 mango
- 1 sm cucumber
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- Juice from 1 small lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp mashed avocado or pulsed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Bake or fry fillet fingers according to the package instructions.
- Dice mango and cucumber finely and add them to a small bowl.
- Mince cilantro and add it to the bowl. Add honey, lime juice and chili powder to the cucumber and mango as well. Mix well, until all evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, heavy cream, minced cilantro, mashed avocado, salt, and garlic powder. Mix well and transfer into a small zip-lock bag.
- To put together the tacos: add about a table spoon of relish to each taco. Then, add two fish fingers to each taco. Top off with some more relish and a couple of avocado slides. Cut a small tip off the bottom corner of the zip-lock bag and drizzle crema over tacos.
- Serve right away.