Divine pumpkin pie spice blondies made in a small batch, in just few minutes. These aromatic, buttery individual treats are gooey in the middle, a little crunchy on top and all together delicious.
Phew, this has been the longest stretch of time of me not posting a new recipe. It has been over a week and I hope you missed me as much as I missed you.
I’m sure that some of you’ve heard of Hurricane Matthew that just cruised around Florida. Well, I happen to live right where it was “cruising.” Luckily, we had no damages but we were out of power for four days. So this explains my extended absence.
Being without power is no fun at all but we made the best of it. My mom and my sister stayed with us because they live much closer to the beach and it was a pretty nice family gathering. Being without power actually forces everyone to hang out together and play games, as opposed to sitting in your own area on the phone or computer. It was very nice to hang out together… until the hurricane passed and we still didn’t have power for days. At that point, the sun came out and it was quite warm inside without any A/C, neighbor’s generator was way too loud, AND….there was a complete LACK OF COFFEE.
Our whole area was out of power for several days and that means all business were closed. NOWHERE to get coffee. I went on the coffee hunt every morning. I had to drive to the next city, where some places still had power, and even there, coffee was hard to find. It was definitely determination that drove me to several places in a row just to find a cup if coffee. Note to self: before next hurricane, stock up on iced coffee!
Of course, the first thing I made when we got the power back was COFFEE and these Pumpkin Pie Spice Blondies. I made a BIG pot of strong coffee and got a new bottle of Pumpkin PieSpice ID creamer. It was heavenly all around. Cool, crisp weather outside and us, drinking pumpkin pie spice coffee with some warm pumpkin spice blondies on the patio. It was the perfect way to de-stress after the storm and be grateful for no damages.
I’ve actually made these blondies several times in the past and we are quite obsessed with them. These individual blondies are SO simple, you will be making them over and over. They are easy to be made each time you get a craving because the whole thing takes about 15 minutes and you can eat them warm. I actually encourage you to eat them warm… with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream of top.
These blondies can be made in two separate ramekins or, you can make them in a small, 6- inch skillet. I’ve made them both ways, and I may prefer the skillet way only because I get a better gooey center in the skillet. I’m a sucker for a dessert that has a gooey center.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Blondies for Two
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 10 oz ramekins (or make sure your 6-inch skillet is well seasoned.)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk egg and brown sugar very well. Add melted butter and vanilla, whisk vigorously for a few seconds.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and a pinch of salt. Whisk just until all combined.
- Divide batter evenly among the two ramekins. (Or pour the batter into the skillet.)
- Melt butter for topping.
- Separately, mix white granulated sugar and pumpkin spice for the topping.
- Gently pour butter over the top of the batter and sprinkle with sugar/pumpkin spice mixture. (Do not mix.)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes and take them out of the oven. (Bake for 14-16 minutes if using a skillet.)
- Serve warm. Try it with ice cream!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!