Delightful little cookie balls made with eggnog, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Easy and delicious seasonal treat that’s made with only 5 ingredients.
Christmas and New Year are right under our noses now! I’m so excited for all the holiday parties coming up this week and it will all end with the ultimate family gathering.
For all the parties and get-togethers, I have just the easy treat you will want to bring. Cookie balls (or cookie truffles as they can also be called) make a perfect treat to make for parties because they only have a few ingredients and don’t take much work to prepare.
You will need a sweet treat after fighting the holiday traffic and the holiday people while shopping. These cookie balls will be a perfect treat to pop in your mouth after getting through the holiday shopping and driving.
Oh boy, I wish I had these cookie balls when we got home this past Saturday. It’s a nightmare out there this time of year. People are supposed to he happy and filled with holiday joy but they are NOT!
Little man and I had to take a quick drive to Target and that quick drive turned into two hours of stress. Going out on the last weekend before Christmas was obviously a big mistake. Crazy amount of people in the store and on the roads coupled with frantic people trying to catch the last sales equals to a very frustrating outing. A few cookies are definitely needed after a store trip around Christmas. Well…a few eggnog cookies and may be a glass of eggnog (with some rum in it) to go along with cookies!
It’s easy to KEEP UP with NEW recipes through my social media channels:
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Eggnog Cookie Balls
- 10 oz crunchy butter cookies**
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 of a fresh nutmeg
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 10 oz almond bark
- 1/4 of a fresh nutmeg
- **I used Keebler brands cookies. You can also use plain sugar cookies or shortbread cookies.
- Double boiler
- Scoop 1/2 Tbsp one will work
- Pulse butter cookies in a blender until all just crumbles.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cookie crumbs, cinnamon, eggnog, and fresh grated nutmeg until completely mixed and looks like cookie dough.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough and roll them into a ball. Refrigerate for at least an hour. (You can also do this overnight.)
- Heat up double boiler over medium heat and melt almond bark. Stir melted almond bark and fresh grated nutmeg. Turn off heat and coat each cookie ball in nutmeg almond bark. Using a fork, dip each ball into almond bark, covering it completely. Gently shake off excess coating by moving the fork up or down and gently tapping the fork on the side of the double boiler.
- Optional: quickly grate a little more nutmeg over the cookie balls.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!