Beautiful, mild and refreshing drink to enjoy on these lazy summer days. This iced green tea is flavored with fresh, juicy peaches, fresh ginger, and honey.
PEACH ICED TEA
So I’ve been talking about outdoor parties and barbecues a lot lately, ’tis the season for grilling after all. I’ve been so focused on food and finally getting to have a grill that I didn’t think of other parts to an outdoor party.
I was sitting on the patio the other day, looking though some old photos on my phone and I came across the picture of the house I took as we were moving in. I took pictures of the “naked” rooms and backyard to have some before and after photos for the future.
The rooms are coming along nicely, although, it will take a while longer to completely furnish and decorate them. The backyard on the other hand, is still naked. I got the patio furniture right away but the actually back yard is still blah.
That’s partially because I just can’t make up my mind about gardening. Do I want to grow some vegetables, do I want flower beds, and where do I want to place my garden is a whole other story. Perhaps I can’t make up my mind because I somehow managed to kill half of my herbs already.
I need to make some decisions before the barbecue party that we have planned for Father’s Day. I want my backyard to be as pretty and cozy as my food. I mean, look at this pretty, pretty iced green tea! It has the prettiest summer color. I can just imagine it sitting on the patio, in a big pitcher, surrounded by aromatic peaches. It’s just as delicious as it looks too. You wouldn’t believe the aroma from the peaches. My entire kitchen smells like delicious, fresh peaches, and so does this iced tea.
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY
Mango Iced Tea from Dinner At The Zoo
Honeysuckle Iced Tea from The View From Great Island
Raspberry Mint Iced Tea from Delightful E Made
Hibiscus Iced Tea Sparkler from Diethood
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Ginger Peach and Honey Iced Green Tea
- 4 large peaches
- 1 tsp shaved fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 green tea bags
- 8-10 cups hot boiling water
- Bring water to a boil and take off heat.
- Pit and slice peaches. Add sliced peaches to the pitcher.
- Slice ginger as thin as possible and add it to the pitcher. (I usually freeze my ginger and it makes it easy to shave with a potato peeler. Plus it keeps much longer than in the fridge.)
- Drizzle honey into the pitcher.
- Add tea bags to the pitcher. (You can tie them on the handle to make it easier to take out once they're done steeping.)
- Add hot water to the pitcher. Carefully stir everything and steep for about 15 minutes. (Longer than usual steep time is recommended here because tea will be used as iced tea.)
- Take out tea bags and stir slowly.
- Let it cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.