This is exactly what you need after a long day. Nutella Hot Chocolate spiked with hazelnut and coffee liqueurs, topped with marshmallows and more Nutella!
Baby, it’s cold outside…and the kids are asleep! Time for some Spiked Hot Chocolate!
This Nutella Hot Cocoa is heaven-sent. It doesn’t just warm your heart with hot nutty/chocolaty deliciousness, it warms you with the addition of Kahlua and Flangelico. Dessert and cocktail in one mug, that is my favorite way to end a busy day.
Have you finished all your holiday shopping yet? Everything nicely wrapped and waiting under the tree?
I am ALMOST done. I was going to finish shopping this weekend then I went to Target, looked around and thought, “what am I doing?” It was Saturday and it was packed, I mean PACKED. I could only imagine how packed both malls would be so I marched my happy butt back home and continued baking. I decided to go on Monday, hoping that at least some people would have to go to work and not shop. Wish me luck everyone!
After attempting to finish all my holiday shopping only 3 days before Christmas, I will definitely need a big, big mug of this Spiked Nutella Hot Chocolate!
Spiked Nutella Hot Chocolate
- 2 1/4 cups fat free milk
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 oz Kahlua
- 1 1/4 oz Frangelico
- Topping: mini marshmallows and warm Nutella
- Heat up milk in a sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add vanilla and Nutella and slowly whisk with a silicone covered whisk until Nutella is all melted and incorporated.
- Stir in Kahlua and Frangelico and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add Nutella for topping into a piping bag and cut off the tip leaving a small hole.
- Divide hot chocolate among mugs and top off with marshmallows.
- Drizzle Nutella over marshmallows.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Best Homemade Hot Cocoa from I Am Baker
Cookie and Cream Hot Chocolate from The Recipe Critic
Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate from The Cookie Rookie
Baileys Irish Cream Hot Chocolate from Polka Dot Made
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!