Simple and finger-licking lime chicken recipe. This chicken dinner is made with juicy chicken breast that’s marinated and sauteed in honey key lime marinade made with fresh key limes, basil and honey.
I love honey. Actually, I love local, fresh honey. There is just something about fresh, local honey that was made in a small family farm that makes it taste so much more delicious than any honey I’ve ever tried at the store. It actually reminds me of honey I used to eat at my grandmother’s house. She always made sure that everything we ate was as fresh as possible. Whether it was directly from farmers, from our own garden or farmer’s market. It always tastes so much better.
Why am I telling you that? Well, on my last trip to a local organic store, I realized that they sell local honey that you can portion yourself, as much as you’d need. I almost jumped in excitement because I haven’t been able to get to a farmer’s market to get local honey in almost a year! (It’s pretty far and I’ve been busy.)
So of course, I got some fresh, aromatic, delicious honey and immediately had to make something with it. This chicken dish is so simple and so tasty. It’s citrusy, sweet and a little spicy from cayenne pepper. Perfect spring-fresh dish.
I made this chicken with zucchini but you can also serve it with other veggies, rice or potatoes. It will be good with mashed, roasted or baked potato.
Honey Key Lime Chicken
This chicken dinner is made with juicy chicken breast that's marinated and sauteed in honey key lime marinade made with fresh key limes, basil and honey.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Zest from 1 key lime
- Juicy from 2 key limes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 basil leaves
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 large zucchini optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey and lime juice. Whisk in lime zest, minced basil leaves, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add chicken breast and swirl it around to coat. Let it marinade for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts.
- If using zucchini, mix it in marinade first and then add to the chicken when chicken is half way cooked. (If not using zucchini, pour remaining marinade over chicken and cook in it.)
- Cook chicken until completely done, flipping half way through.
- You can also serve it with veggies, salad, roasted or mashed potatoes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!