Irresistible queso dip simply made with Velveeta, sharp cheddar, lots of spinach, and shrimp. You and your guests won’t be able to stop eating this deliciousness!
You may have noticed some sporadic posting here over the last couple of weeks. Well, that’s because I have some good news. We finally closed on our house and are elbows deep in the moving process! We are so happy to finally have our house but we’re exhausted from everything that now comes along with the move. Last weekend, I’ve spent the entire Friday and Saturday painting. On Monday, every muscle in my body hurt. I could equate it to spending 8 hours one day and 5 hours the next day being on a stair-master. I climbed up and down that ladder all day long. I really cursed being short that weekend. But the good news is, we only have one more room to paint.
Next week is going to be a little tough posting new recipes because I am about to start packing my kitchen. So I apologize ahead of time. The good news is, I did make some extra recipes ahead of time so I won’t leave you totally high and dry. I know what you’re thinking, “why didn’t you plan this ahead and scheduled things ahead of time.” Well, the best answer is that we closed a week after the holidays and it’s been a non-stop craziness ever since.
All this craziness is kinda fun though. I love painting, so I’m having fun with it. I also love shopping and I get to shop for all new furniture and decor. We are moving from a small apartment into a nice house, so we need pretty much everything. Other than the bedrooms, I get to work from scratch in decorating and furnishing my house. I’ve been sitting on Pinterest until my eyes can take it no more, just looking through all the ideas. It took me three weeks to settle on the paint, which I love, and now I’m on week two of picking out the curtains. Wish me luck!
Easy, quick, and tasty meals are what I’ve been making mostly in the last couple of weeks. I know I’ve mentioned it before that I like to make appetizers into my meals and this queso dip was one tasty dish. I made it just for me to enjoy. See, it’s loaded with shrimp and spinach, both of those things my husband is not a fan of. So this has been a perfect quick lunch for me. It’s just as good reheated as it is fresh from the pot. And what a coincidence that this dip will make a great snack for all those football parties that are about to start with the playoffs.
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 9 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 6 oz small raw shrimp cut in half
- 12 oz Valveeta cheese
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- In a medium cooking pan, preheat oil over medium heat.
- Add minced red onion and saute until transparent. Add shrimp, chopped spinach and pressed garlic. Season with some salt and pepper and cook until shrimp are cooked. (They will all turn pink.) Stir and saute for about a minute. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pot. Heat up milk over medium heat.
- Once milk is hot, add cubed Valveeta cheese and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir slowly until all the cheese is smooth and melted.
- Stir in shrimp/spinach mixture and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with your favorite chips.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Recipes From Me: