Simple and absolutely scrumptious bagel bites topped with BBQ smoked chicken, Monterrey Jack and Asiago cheeses, and topped with BBQ Ranch dressing. Delicious snack for your next game day party.
Big party season is upon us. No, I’m not talking about holiday parties, those are now behind us. This is a month where we feel the relief that holidays are over and we can get back to normal lives.
The parties I’m talking about have lots of loud people, all dressed in like colors and have sudden emotional outbursts controlled by the TV. Yep, I’m talking about the beloved football parties. We are coming up on the playoffs and of course, that leads to the big championship game.
You can’t have playoffs and a championship game without a party, and you can’t have a football party without lot’s of food. Lot’s of easy snacks and appetizers to feed the hungry fans.
When hosting football parties, I never want to spend all day in the kitchen, making up complicated appetizers. Easy, efficient, and tasty is what I like. And if I can stretch one or two ingredients into several different appetizers, well that’s just a pleasant bonus.
One of my favorite things to serve at sports parties is BBQ chicken or pork. It’s very versatile and you can incorporate it into so many different appetizers and snacks.
These little bagel bites became one of my favorite things to make for a snack. I remember my husband, before he was even my husband, bringing home pizza bagel bites every other day. We were addicted to those things when we were in college but I’ve forgotten about them for years.
Recently, I got some mini bagels for breakfast and it hit me that I could make our own bagel bites. I made some immediately and in different flavors. These Asiago BBQ Chicken ones have been a smash!
Asiago BBQ Chicken Bagel Bites
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 16 oz pulled rotisserie chicken
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 12-14 mini bagels
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 4 oz grated Asiago cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat a medium-sezed cooking pan over medium heat and add vegetable oil.
- Sauté diced red onion until translucent. Break up FarmRich Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoked Chicken as much as possible and add it to the pan.
- Sauté onions and chicken until all heated through and add BBQ sauce. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a large cookie sheet.
- Divide mini bagels in half and lay them on a cookie sheet, cut side up.
- Divide BBQ chicken among the bagel halves (a couple of tablespoons per.) Top off with some Monterrey Jack cheese and then top off with some Asiago cheese.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk BBQ sauce and ranch dressing together.
- Once bagel bites are done, take them out and drizzle with BBQ Ranch dressing.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!