This is one rich, creamy and satisfying hot dip! You get all the best ham & cheese flavors in a smooth, cheesy dip and to make it extra special, I used lots of Asiago cheese!
Okay, I admit it! I have an obsession with appetizers. I have an obsession with cheese too. What are you gonna do?
I may have an obsession but you don’t seem to mind it a bit. Some of my most popular recipes seem to be appetizers (and the cheesier the better), so I must be doing something right, don’t you agree?
This awesome ham dip can definitely be a meal in itself. Trust me! It’s okay to break the rules once in a while and have a fun dinner. Pull the coffee table in the middle of the living room. Throw some pillows on the floor. Turn on your favorite movie and serve this dip for dinner! Sounds like it would be perfect Friday night, doesn’t it? Fun and carefree.
Serve it with anything your heart desires. You can get some chips, pretzels, celery, cucumber slices, crostini or just grab a spoon! My favorite way to serve this deliciousness is with Pretzel Crisps. Just the right amount of crunchiness and pretzels go with everything.
Hot Asiago & Ham Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 oz shredded Asiago cheese + a little more for topping
- 1/4 lb honey ham chopped
- salt and fresh cracked peppercorn to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire and Dijon mustard until smooth and creamy. Add salt and fresh cracked peppercorns and mix well.
- Fold in chopped ham and Asiago cheese until evenly incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into an oven safe dish of choice and sprinkle with some more Asiago cheese.
- Baking time will depend on the size of your dish. If you are using a wide, shallow dish, bake for 15-17 minutes. If you are using a pot, like me, baking time will be longer. In a narrow, deep bowl, bake for 20-25 minutes.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Hot Caramelized Onion Dip with Bacon and Gruyere from Spicy Southern Kitchen
Hot Bacon and Cheese Dip from Buns In My Oven
Hot Jalapeno Corn Dip from Lovely Little Kitchen
Hot Crab and Cheesy Artichoke Dip from Cream de la Crumb
More Awesome Appetizers From Me:
Spicy Chicken Ranch Dip
French Onion Dip
Chicken Enchilada Verde Dip
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
sigh…what is not to love~
Haha, nothing! Thank you, Jenna!
I love your dips, I can’t wait to try this one!
Thank you, Lori! I hope you will soon 🙂
heather @french press says
seriously, who needs meal when you can live on appetizers like this one! looks delicious Lyuba
Right!! Thank you, Heather!
Anele @ Success Along the Weigh says
Oh yeah…making this for sure! We’re having company in two weeks and this will be the perfect starter!
Absolutely! Thank you, Anele!!