Chicken Rollatini is a delicious and easy dinner that is equally perfect for a weekday or a weekend night. Juicy chicken breast pounded thin and rolled with a mixture of spinach, mushrooms, garlic and Asiago cheese. Then, it’s lightly rolled in Panko crumbs and more Asiago cheese.
It’s been so crazy around here lately. Between all the shopping, baking, school parties and non-stop work, I’ve been running around and my head is spinning. It’s a good kind of crazy though because it’s Christmas and it’s my favorite time of the year. I enjoy Christmas shopping because I actually like giving gifts better than getting them. I love watching everyone’s faces when they open presents. It’s like crack to me. I also love our Christmas parties at school. There might be a bunch of kids running around in their pajamas, hyped up on brownies and hot cocoa, but I wouldn’t miss a single one of them.
This week has been especially busy for me. It’s the last week of school and I’m trying to fit in some fun activities before Christmas next week. All the fun stuff is going on around town and I have a few plans for little man and I. Most exciting is the Nights of Lights Train. Not only is it a train that goes around the city filled with Christmas lights, we will stop for hot cocoa and a chocolate fountain! There is a rumor of movies too. Can’t wait!
So with all this holiday excitement, I needed to take a break from baking and actually cook something for dinner. We can’t live on cookies the whole month, now can we?! I’ve been too tired to cook something big so I’ve been making some easy dishes. This chicken rollatini is very easy and filled with simple ingredients that make a great flavor combination.
Asiago Spinach Mushroom Chicken Rollatini
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 8 oz frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
- 5 oz baby bella mushrooms diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Salt fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a small casserole baking dish.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, saute spinach, diced mushrooms and grated garlic. Season with some salt and pepper and cook until mushrooms are done. Place the mixture in a bowl and mix with 3/4 cup of Asiago cheese. Set aside to cool until it can be handled.
- Slice chicken breasts in two, width-wise (like you would butterfly it but all the way through). Place a chicken breast in a thick zip-lock bag and pound it carefully, do not pound too hard and be careful not to make any holes. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts. (You may have to use more than one bag if you make too many holes in one.) Salt and pepper pounded chicken and set aside.
- Mix Panko bread crumbs with 1/4 cup of Asiago cheese, some salt and pepper and set aside.
- Divide spinach mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Roll up each chicken breast, tightly. Bread rolled chicken by pressing it in bread crumb mixture on all sides.
- Place chicken in the casserole dish, seam down.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!