Delicious dinner that’s great for weekend or weeknights. Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers dinner is made with red and green bell peppers, stuffed with fajita marinated grilled chicken and Spanish rice mixture! “Delicious” doesn’t even begin to describe it!
What do you do when your husband wants Chicken Fajitas and you want Stuffed Peppers for dinner? You find a way to satisfy both at the same time! That’s exactly what I did with this scrumptious stuffed pepper dinner!
It’s an easy and delicious dinner that you can whip up on a weekday or on a weekend. All together, it takes about 45 minutes to make. You might think that it takes to many dishes but it is so worth it! You might use up a couple of bowl, a pot and a skillet but that’s what your hubby is for! Cooks should do their own dishes, especially when you serve something this delicious for dinner.
Speaking of skillets, if you don’t have one yet, hurry up and get one! I only got my skillet about 3 months ago and I can’t stop using it. I just the versatility of a skillet and the way food comes out. You can make anything from appetizers, to pizzas, to dinners, to desserts in it. I’m in love!
DON’T MISS THE QUICK DEMO VIDEO!
Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 -1 tsp. chili pepper seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- 2 chicken breasts
- *Stuffed Peppers:
- Cooked chicken from above
- 3 large bell peppers or 4 medium
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 5 oz uncooked Spanish rice
- 1 tsp. fresh minced cilantro
- 6-8 Tbsp Mexican cheese mix
- Combine ingredients for Fajita marinade in a large mixing bowl and whisk well. Add chicken to the marinade and let it marinade for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat an oven-safe skillet on stovetop, medium heat.
- Add chicken and the marinade to the skillet and cook until chicken is fully done, flipping it half way through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare Spanish rice according to the package and set aside.
- Take chicken breasts out and lay them on a cutting board. Dice the chicken once it is cooled enough to handle.
- Saute chopped onions and tomato in the same skillet.
- In a large, clean, mixing bowl, combine Spanish rice, diced chicken, sauteed onions and tomato (including the marinade that was leftover in the skillet) and cilantro. Mix well and taste to see if you need to add a little more salt.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut the bell peppers in half, lengthwise, and clean them out, taking out all the seeds and membrane.
- Lay the bell pepper halves in the skillet, like little cups, and fill them with the rice/chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle about 1-2 tablespoons of cheese on top. Place the skillet in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the peppers are cooked. (Personally, I like them a little bit crunchy but you may need to adjust baking time according to your taste. Bake them longer if you want the peppers softer.)
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!