*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dunkin’ Donuts. The opinions and text are all mine.*
This is a beautiful braided breakfast pastry to have with your morning cup of coffee. It’s really easy to make and is filled with cream and cheese and fruit preserve.
Did you guys know that Dunkin Donuts came out with some new Spring flavors? NO? Well they did and they are delicious! These new flavors include Coconut, Toasted Almond and Peach Cobbler. I’ve tried all three flavors and I’ve chosen my favorites.
And the winner of the new Spring line Dunkin Donuts is…
Of course, it was a very hard decision because I love coconut. To tell you the truth, Peach Cobbler only beat it by a hair. My husband liked Toasted Almond the best but…it is my blog and my vote counts the most (wink).
When I was trying the new Peach Cobble, I got in a mood for some jam filled pastry. I made delicious puff pastry with cream cheese and jam filling. These little pastries are perfect to make in the morning and you can same them for the next couple of days. They are also versatile and you can fill them with any flavor or jam. You can even make an assortment of flavors in one batch. Since I was having peach cobbler coffee, I used peach jam in my pastry.
Don’t be intimidated by this braided little beauties. They are very easy to make. All you have to do is cut your puff pastry square in 4 squares. Then make about 1-inch cuts along two opposite sides all the way down, about 1/2 inch in thickness. You will fill the center with cream cheese and jam and braid the edges over the filling. That’s it, easy-pease!
Easy Braided Breakfast Pastry
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp vanilla yogurt
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup jam any flavor
- Egg wash: 1 egg white + 1 tsp. water
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease it lightly.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 4 squares. Make about 1-inch cuts along two opposite sides of each square, all the way down, about 1/2 inch in thickness.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla, yogurt and sugar with a mixer until light and smooth.
- Fill the center of the pastry square with cream cheese and then jam over the cream cheese.
- Braid the edges over the filling, interlocking one strip with it's opposite strip. Go all the way down and fold in the last ones. Repeat with each pastry.
- Whisk the egg white and water for the egg wash and brush each braided pastry with it.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dunkin’ Donuts . The opinions and text are all mine.