Amazing savory muffins perfect for 0n-the-go breakfast or snack anytime! These Zucchini Cheddar Muffins are so soft, moist and flavorful. They are made with fresh zucchini and extra sharp cheddar for full flavor.
It’s so hard to write about these awesome muffins while it’s storming. Wait…
Ok, better. Got one of these muffins and a cup of coffee! Yay, I feel better.
I love making muffins during the school year because they make such a great and easy breakfast or a snack. I also pack one in the little man’s lunch box for a delicious and filling snack. Hubby likes to grab one as he is running out of the door to got to work. He never has time for breakfast.
Now, I’m alone and curled up on a couch with a textbook. “Boo” for textbook but “yay” for a yummy breakfast. It’s so quiet in here, I love it. I miss my little boy like crazy, but I enjoy the quiet.
Zucchini muffins would have to be my favorite. I get to sneak in veggies and mask it in a muffin. Both boys fall for it every time! It’s like my homemade spaghetti sauce (Oooo, I’ve got to share it with you,) it’s full of hidden veggies but they polish it off in a flash!
The little man is getting pickier and pickier by the day. He is still better at eating veggies than a his dad but but he is still very picky. I remember the days when he would try anything and eat just about anything. Those days are long gone! He’s turned into a normal toddler.
He still loves muffins and cookies though! Gotcha!
Zucchini Cheddar Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of bread flour
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups of shredded zucchini about 1 large zucchini
- 2 oz of extra sharp cheddar + 1 oz for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, oil and sour cream together. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk until just incorporated.
- Add shredded zucchini and mix well. Add 2 oz of shredded cheese and whisk until all evenly combined.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!