These pancakes would be one awesome weekend breakfast to serve your family. Key Lime Cheesecake Pancakes are made with soft buttermilk pancakes infused with key limes and topped with a simple homemade key lime cheesecake sauce.
Who wants pancakes?
Everyone loves pancakes, at least in my family! You can never get tired of pancakes.
I’ve gotten use to making different pancakes because the little man doesn’t like eggs. He used to love eggs but all of a sudden he stopped eating them. He won’t even touch anything that is make of eggs, no quiche, no omelets, no egg baskets. It limits breakfast options for him a little but I’ve gotten creative with parfaits, waffles and pancakes. Hubby is especially happy about my pancake experiments.
I told you that you will be seeing a lot of key lime recipes from me. I have an awesome milkshake coming up on Kelly’s site at livelaughrowe.com and delicious cookies coming up on Carolyn’s site at carolynshomework.blogspot.com. Stay tuned because they are all coming soon!
I still have a few more key limes to use up. You just never know what I will come up with! If you have any requests, feel free to leave a comment.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Key Lime Cheesecake Pancakes
- Buttermilk Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
- Zest from 1.5 key limes
- Cheesecake Topping:
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Zest from 1.5 key limes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs sugar
- Coconut is optional
- Pancakes: Whisk together the wet pancake ingredients until combined.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients, including key lime zest and let the batter stand for about 10 minutes. (This is a good time to preheat your cooking pan on medium heat and start the topping.)
- Cook the pancakes, in the preheated pan, for about a minute or two on each side. Check the pancakes by pressing lightly in the center, if its firm the pancakes are done.
- Topping: In a small sauce pot, (on medium heat,) combine butter, cream cheese and key lime zest. Using a silicone covered whisk, whisk the ingredients together until smooth.
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream while stirring. Add vanilla and sugar. Keep stirring until smooth.
- Bring to a low boil and take off heat.
- Top of the pancakes with sauce when serving. You can sprinkle with some coconut flakes if you’d like.
Pv Wood says
I really enjoyed this. I used a pancake mix, but added the sugar and vanilla and lime zest. I added more lime zest to the cheesecake topping. Enjoyed it so much I forgot to add the coconut!
So glad you liked it 🙂
NO KEY LIMES IN MYAREA, CAN I USE THE BOTTLEED KEY LIME JUICE, IF SO HOW MUCH?
Holy Pancake! That looks ridiculously delicious! Following along so I get more yummy ideas! Cheers! Cindy
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
Love these Lyuba! They look so pretty and yummy 🙂 Pinned and featuring tonight!
Kari@Loaves n Dishes says
Key lime is one of my favorite citrus flavors! I’m so glad to read that you used real key limes cuz regular limes just aren’t key limes. Your pancakes look fluffy and de-lish… And how about that the topping, I’m putting that over everything from now on!
Ewa "Mom Photographer" says
oh gosh… that sounds like heaven!!!