Delicious roasted potatoes and vegetable side dish that’s perfect to serve with your favorite protein. Potatoes, asparagus, and carrots are simply tossed in homemade cashew pesto and roasted in the oven. This vegetable dish can also be prepared with your favorite store-bought pesto to make preparation even simpler.
I’m happy to share the product on my first crop of the season. My key lime tree is still a baby and won’t be producing limes anytime soon but my basil is growing like it’s on miracle grow. I plucked my basil plants and walked away with a loot of basil. First thing to make is of course…PESTO!
I’ve decided to add something special to my usual pesto and added cashews. I used pine nuts and lots of cashews in this recipe to get a nuttier, creamier pesto. I’ve tried cashew pesto in a couple of different restaurants and loved it. Ever since then, I’ve been adding cashews to my own pesto as well. I have not tried combining walnuts and cashews but I think it would work well too.
In addition to the roasted vegetables recipe, I also added the recipe for homemade pesto. It’s nice to have a batch of homemade pesto in the fridge to use on sandwiches, pasta, pizza, or just dipping some bread in it. This pesto recipe makes about 2 cups. Obviously you won’t be using the whole batch of pesto on the veggies, there will be a good amount of pesto leftover. Of course, if you don’t feel like making pesto, grab your favorite one at the store and this roasted potato side will be a breeze.
Homemade Pesto with Cashews
- 4 oz fresh basil no stems (about 2 cups basil leaves)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup whole cashews
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pour half the olive oil into the blender (or food processor).
- Add basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, cashews, pine nuts and some salt to the blender.
- Pour in the rest of the oil over the top and blend until all ingredients are blended smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator, in an air-tight glass container.
Pesto Roasted Potatoes Carrots and Asparagus
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1/2 lb carrots
- 5 oz asparagus
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes into about 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut carrots in half and then cut each half into quarters, length-wise.
- Cut off white bottoms of the asparagus and cut the stalks in half.
- Combine veggies in a large mixing bowl. Add pesto and mix until all veggies are evenly coated in pesto.
- Spread veggies on the prepared baking sheet in one even layer. Season with a little more salt if needed and bake for 35-45 minutes (depending on the thickness of veggies and how soft you prefer your veggies.)
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Tasty Recipes From Me: