Out of this world delicious baked meatballs that are very easy to prepare in the oven and perfect for weekend or a week night dinner. Juicy, tender meatballs made with beef and pork mixture, roasted garlic and rosemary inside and baked with more garlic and rosemary.
How great are meatballs?!
It’s one of our favorite things to eat and I love making them. It’s always so easy to prepare but results are so comforting and delicious. Changing up flavor combination is always fun too.
These meatballs are incredibly delicious and aroma that will fill your house will be intoxicating. Rosemary and roasted garlic is always a pleasing combination to all the senses. Your taste buds will definitely thank you for this dinner.
These beautiful meatballs would be great paired with some homemade mashed potatoes. What I like to do is wait for the meatballs to finish cooking before finishing the potatoes. I cook the potatoes and then set them aside.
When meatballs are ready, I add the cooked garlic (that was in between the meatballs) and some of the meat juice right into potatoes as I mash them. Just substitute the water from cooking potatoes for the juice from cooking meatballs. It will be an amazing meal!
More Meatball Recipes You Must Try:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Roasted Garlic Rosemary Baked Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely minced
- 1 bulb of roasted garlic
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4-5 fresh rosemary springs
- 6-8 raw garlic cloves
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil for baking
To Roast Garlic:
- Take loose skin off the garlic bulb and cut off the tip of the garlic cloves, still in the bulb. Rub garlic bulb with a little bit of olive oil and wrap it in aluminum foil.
- Preheat oven to 400°, place wrapped garlic on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, depending on the size of garlic bulb. (Note: this step can be made the day before and you can just refrigerate roasted garlic in an air-tight food storage container until ready to use.)
- Preheat oven to 350° and spread some olive oil in a casserole dish that's big enough to hold these meatballs comfortably.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, egg, bread crumbs, minced onion, minced rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Carefully peel roasted garlic and take out the roasted garlic cloves. Add them to the bowl. Mix very well, until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Roll about 1.5 inch meatballs and place them snugly in the casserole dish.
- Stick individual, raw garlic cloves in between meatballs and add rosemary springs on top.
- Bake the meatballs for about 30-35 minutes. (Exact time will depend on how large the meatballs are. You can cut into one to check for doneness.)