Simple pulled pork nachos where pork is the star. These nachos are simply made with delicious ready pulled pork, jalapenos, red onion and cheese. Simple dish but it’s delightful for your taste buds.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
What to do with leftover pulled pork? Well, here is the answer right here.
I had some delicious slow cooker pork left from a big batch that I made during the weekend. Pulled pork sandwiches just seems like a tired ‘ole thing to make with leftover pulled meats. I was going for something different and I wanted to dress up the flavor of pork a bit too. The result was amazing. There is a delicious touch of sweet and spicy in this pork and it makes the whole flavor of nachos unbelievably tasty.
There are very simple ingredients here because, as I mentioned above, pork here is the star. I didn’t want to take away from the delicious pork flavor by piling on a bunch of topping on top of these nachos. There is just onion and jalapeno to compliment the pork, and some sweet and spicy flavor kicks.
Now, let’s talk pork. I’m sure you noticed that there are a few ingredients to add to pork, so don’t use pork that’s already mixed with sauce. You can use leftover pork that you made or you can buy cooked pulled pork (sauce-less). There are sweet and spicy ingredients added to slow cooked, pulled pork, so use pork that doesn’t already have a bunch of flavors added OR if it has complimentary flavors.
The Best Pulled Pork Nachos
- 3 cups pulled pork
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Lime juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper more or less depending of you preference of heat
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced
- 1/2 large red onion sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 oz tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1 jalapeno optional on top
- Sour cream and guacamole are optional toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a medium sized rimmed baking sheet. (Quarter baking sheet will work well.)
- In a mixing bowl, combine pulled pork, pineapple juice, agave nectar, lime juice, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix well, until all ingredients are mixed evenly. Set aside.
- Preheat a cooking pan with vegetable oil over medium heat on stove top.
- Add sliced jalapenos and red onion. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add pulled pork mixture, mix well, and saute for 5-7 minutes. Take off heat.
- Spread half the tortilla chips all over the baking sheet. Spread half of the pulled pork mixture on top of tortilla chips and top it off with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Repeat the layer, starting with chips, then pork, then cheese.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until all the cheese is melted.
- Top off nachos with some raw, sliced jalapenos, sour cream and guacamole.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
BBQ Spaghetti Casserole from Spicy Southern Kitchen
Pulled Pork Breakfast Wraps from Noble Pig
Pulled Pork Cuban Sandwich from Life Tastes Good
Perfect Pulled Pork from Kevin and Amanda
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!