Wonderful easy pasta dish made with smoked salmon, fresh homemade pesto, golden sauteed onions and capers.
I was set to make the perfect fast and simple dinner that was lighter but yet, so full of flavor. Most importantly, I really wanted to make something with smoked salmon. I said “most important” because all I wanted was to make anything with smoked salmon because I went to the store hungry and ended up buying extra.
Do you ever make that mistake? Do you ever go to the store hungry? Yea…I do sometimes and it never ends well. The last time, I was walking by the the seafood isle and spotted smoked salmon. There was no stopping the craving after that.
This dish is a perfect combination of salty salmon, golden onions, fresh pesto and of course, capers! Pesto adds that desired creaminess without any actual cream. Plus, it adds that much-needed touch of Parmesan cheese and nuttiness. I used Homemade Pesto (recipe here) but if you don’t feel like making your own, feel free to use store-bought.
Hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!
Smoked Salmon Peso Pasta
- 1/2 lb Cavatappi pasta or other pasta of your choice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium Vidalia onion
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 5-6 oz smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- In the same pot you cooked pasta, heat up oil on medium heat. Add sliced onion and saute until golden.
- Add capers and chopped smoked salmon. Saute until salmon starts to turn light pink.
- Add pasta and pesto and mix very well.
- Cook for just a couple more minutes and serve.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Soup Recipes From Me: