Outstanding garlic chicken dinner to satisfy a table-full of hungry family. Juicy, tender chicken drumsticks braised and infused with garlic and thyme. It can be easily cooked with potatoes and vegetables for a one-pot complete meal.
Hey guys, I have a new toy!! You know how much I love new kitchen toys and I have a new one to play with now. Oh, but I’m not the only one who gets a new toy. I will also give a set to TWO of my readers because sharing is caring and I love and care for all of you. If it was up to me, I’d go all Oprah on you and give all of you a gift but I can only do two. So stick around, look around, maybe drool a little, and then, make sure to enter the giveaway below.
So what we are playing with today? We are playing with a new pan from Copper Chef™. It’s a versatile copper cooking pan that has stainless steel induction plate for even cooking and Cerami-Tech Non-Stick coating. It’s perfect for cooking a wide variety of dishes and using a wide variety of cooking techniques, like stove-top, frying, steaming, and baking. It’s oven proof and because of its sleek, clean look, it can nicely go from stove to table.
But why would I bore you will all the technical details that you can easily read on their website? So, I won’t. I will just tell you why I like this pan and let you get to the good stuff…the reason why you are here…the recipe and giveaway.
I may have mentioned it before (or beaten you over the head with it), but I’m quite picky about my cooking pans. I try many, but I’m quite critical when it comes to the ones I actually stick with on regular bases. (That’s why I got my mom new cookware, so that I can use it when I cook there.) What I look for first, is it must have a pan that has an even distribution of heat for even cooking. I want to make sure it’s durable and lasting. This Copper Chef pan get a nice big “check” on all that!
I also love cookware that is compatible with stove-top and oven. I love a pan that I can easily pop in the oven after giving my meats a nice sear on the stove-top. That is why I love my old cast iron pans and that’s why this pan is now my new friend too. But there is something that puts Copper Chef pans over the top and that is being able to also do frying and steaming all in the same pan. Versatility is truly my favorite part of this pan.
Braised Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
- 1.5 to 2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb mini tri-color potatoes you can substitute other potatoes if you wish
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 garlic bulbs
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp dry thyme
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- (Make sure to use the Copper Chef pan. A dutch oven or another cookware that can go from stove-top to oven can be used.)
- Peel and chop carrots into large chunks. Set aside.
- Wash potatoes and set aside.
- Peel all garlic cloves and set aside
- Place chicken drumsticks onto a large mixing bowl, add oil, salt, and pepper. Mix until the meat is evenly coated.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Heat up the pan over medium-high heat and add chicken drumsticks, laying them evenly in one layer. Let them sear for about 5 minutes and then flip them to the other side. Let them sear on the other side for about 5 minutes. Take drumsticks out of the pan.
- Add potatoes, carrots and garlic to the hot pan. Stir and let them sear for about 5 minutes. Stir and let them cook for a couple more minutes. Take out the veggies.
- Pour in chicken stock, lemon juice and add thyme. Stir well and bring to simmer.
- Place chicken drumsticks back into the pan and add veggies on top, evenly distributing them.
- Cover with the lid (make sure it's an oven-safe lid) and place the pan in the oven. Cook for 30-35 minute and take off the lid. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- You can turn on the broiler to brown the top a little if you wish.
- Take out and serve.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Alright, enough gabbing, now for the giveaway! Two of my readers will receive a 5-piece All Around Square Pan set from Copper Chef. The set includes a 9 1/2 inch square pan, a fry basket, a steam/roast rack, a glass lid, and a recipe book. Here is how to enter:
1. Pin this Braised Garlic Chicken Drumsticks recipe to inspire all your friends. (Make sure to leave me a comment confirming that you did.)
2. Leave me a comment and tell me what you plan to make first if you win this new toy!
This way, everyone gets two entries into this giveaway. The winners will be chosen randomly (using random.org) on July 20th, 2016. All entrants much be 18-years old or over. This giveaway is available to US and Canada residents.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED! Winners have been contacted.
Here are the winning numbers:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
**Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. I did receive a free cookware set for review purposes from Copper Chef™.