Perfect weekend breakfast to delight your loved ones! Strawberry flavored crepes filled with soft and light strawberry mascarpone cream. These crepes are also made with and topped with homemade strawberry sauce.
Weekends and crepes go together so perfectly, especially when it’s a holiday weekend and you need a special breakfast or brunch.
Crepes always remind me of weekend mornings at my grandmother’s house. We didn’t make crepes often but when we did, it felt like a special treat. We’d put out a whole spread of different filling and topping options and make crepes together. It was my job to oil the pan between each crepe and butter the crepes as they get stacked. After the crepes were done, the whole family would gather at the table and feast on crepes until we could eat no more. This whole crepe breakfast event usually took several hours so it was breakfast and brunch all together.
To this day, each time my mom or I make crepes, it feels like a special event. When we are at mom’s house, we still gather the family at the breakfast table filled with a wide variety of topping options.
These strawberry crepes will make a beautiful brunch this Valentine’s weekend. Although, you don’t have to make them just on Valentines’s day because they just scream spring favorite. Soft, thin crepes filled with delicate mascarpone cream, all infused with fresh strawberry flavor.
Brunch that will make your weekend special!
Strawberry Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream
- 1 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbsp strawberry sauce
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp cup veggie oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cups of hot water*
- Strawberry Mascarpone Cream:
- 8 oz Mascarpone
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping like Cool Whip
- 2 Tbsp Strawberry Sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Strawberry sauce for topping
- Rub a fry pan with oil but don't pour the oil. Preheat the pan on medium high heat. If using a newer non stick pan, you may not need to grease the pan but if you will be using an older pan, you will need to rub the pan with oil before every crape. (You can pour some oil on a piece of paper towel.)
- Combine flour, egg, strawberry sauce, milk, oil, vanilla, salt, sugar and baking soda. Whisk all well.
- Slowly, start adding ¼ cup of the hot water at a time into the batter. Whisking constantly until the batter reaches the consistency of melted ice cream.
- Pour about half a ladle into the hot pan and swirl to spread the batter thinly over the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for a few seconds on each side.
- Beat mascarpone, strawberry sauce and vanilla with an electric mixer, for just a couple of minutes.
- Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and fold in whipped topping until all smooth.
- You will want to cool crepes before filling them with cream or cream will start to melt and droop.
- Drizzle rolled crepes with some strawberry sauce.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Lemon Crepes from The Pretty Pink Apron
Dark Chocolate Crepes with Strawberry Yogurt from Girl vs Dough
Crepes with Nutella Whipped Cream from Lemons for Lulu
Blueberry Sauce Crepes with Honey Whipped Cream from Diethood
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me: