Thanksgiving Turkey Sliders are the BEST way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers! Each comforting bite of these easy to make sliders is packed with great holiday flavors like stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy, and of course plenty of turkey.
I think my favorite days of the year are the two days after Thanksgiving, because that’s when I get to gobble up all of my favorite leftovers! There are so many great holiday leftovers recipes we can make and these sliders are my family’s go-to.
Every bite features those beloved salty, savory, and sweet ingredients that come together in a medley of classic holiday flavors. There’s satisfaction to be found in every bite… Once you’re finished with these sliders, you’ll be counting down the days until next year’s turkey day.
The best way to enjoy all my Thanksgiving favorites is sandwiched between two slider buns the next day. The sweetness of the cranberry sauce combined with the savory and salty flavors of the stuffing, gravy, and turkey is pretty heavenly. I mean, this slider recipe essentially just tosses everything you love most about your Thanksgiving feast between two soft buns. It’s perfection!
It’s the best lazy lunch the next day, especially if you go Black Friday shopping. You’ll be happy to have everything in your fridge coming home after an exhausting shopping trip. Plus, depending on how many leftovers you have, you can make as many sliders as you need!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Buns – Any store-bought slider buns will work just fine.
- Cranberry Sauce – You can use canned cranberry sauce or homemade.
- Turkey – Any part of the turkey you enjoy the most is delicious when layered in these sliders.
- Stuffing – Believe me when I say that ANY bread stuffing will be great in this easy recipe!
- Brown Gravy – For the best flavor, I always recommend using The Best Turkey Gravy that’s made from the turkey pan drippings.
Assembling these sliders is so quick and easy. You already put in the real work to make the dishes… Now you just toss it all together on some slider buns!
Assemble the sliders.
Cut the slider buns in half.
First, spread the cranberry sauce in an even layer.
Next, place either the shredded or sliced turkey meat all over the cranberry sauce.
Then, layer on the stuffing. Evenly cover the stuffing layer with your gravy.
Finally, add the tops of the slider buns right on top. Give it a gentle press, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Use can use either part of the turkey that you enjoy the most. Both light and dark meat taste great in this simple recipe. You can also slice it into thick or thin pieces, or even shred it if you wish. No matter what, I’m sure your turkey sliders will be delicious!
Here’s the deal – you can really use any flavor of stuffing you love. Since you already love your stuffing and made it for your holiday dinner, you know you will like it in the sandwiches as well. We love to make our classic Stuffing, but we’ve also enjoyed these sliders with our Cranberry Stuffing and Cornbread Dressing. We quickly discovered that with just about any homemade stuffing, you can’t go wrong!
Yes, of course. If canned cranberry sauce is what you prefer to serve during the holidays, you can definitely use the same one for this leftover recipe! Both homemade and canned cranberry sauces add a nice touch of sweetness to the otherwise savory sandwiches.
You may not have thought of that, but you can actually make these sliders ahead of time and grab them for a few days after the holiday! Assemble them without even reheating the ingredients. Then, wrap each one individually airtight with plastic wrap.
Store them in the refrigerator and grab one when you need it! You can reheat them individually as well. Just unwrap it and reheat it in the microwave for a few seconds. If you want to reheat several at a time, wrap each one in aluminum foil instead and reheat them in the oven.
Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Sliders
- 1 slider bun
- 1 1/2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 2-3 oz sliced turkey breast or thigh meat
- 2-3 tbsp stuffing
- 2 tbsp brown gravy
- Please note that you can make as many of these sliders as you wish. I wrote a suggested recipe for one slider but make as many as you want!
- Cut the slider but in half and spread the cranberry sauce over the bottom half.
- Place sliced of shredded turkey meat over the cranberry sauce and add the stuffing on top.
- Pour the grave all over the top of the stuffing and cover with the top bun.
- Gently press the slider sandwich and enjoy!
Originally published November 14, 2012.