There is only one word to describe these Beef Enchiladas and it’s “WOW!” These amazing Beef Enchiladas Verde are made with ground beef, tomatillos, jalapeno peppers, and cheese and baked in creamy tomatillo sauce.
Let me just say that again…these enchiladas are amazing!!
I know that I say it about a lot of my recipes, but out of all the different enchiladas I’ve made, these are my favorite! I’m sure that the next ones I come up with, I’ll love even more though. That’s the creative process for ya, next best recipe is just around the corner.
I’m not lying though, these enchiladas are worth staying home for dinner and a movie…over Harry Potter world apparently. This is not an off-the-wall comparison, I promise. One of my close friends was coming over for our usual dinner and a movie girls night and she ended up blowing me off at the last minute because she got invited to Harry Potter world.
I joked with her that I was making these enchiladas and she will be sorry because they are better that the Harry Potter world. The following week, I made them for her again and she did agree with me, while licking her plate clean!
I do want to mention that you don’t have to use an immersion blender, like I mention in the recipe. I love mine and it is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets, so I use it all the time. But, if you don’t have one, don’t fret! Just quickly pulse veggies in the blender and add heavy cream and sour cream there. Return sauce mixture to the pot and heat through for a few minutes. Easy as that!
SOME MORE ENCHILADA RECIPES TO TRY
Homemade Enchilada Sauce from Gimme Some Oven
Red Cheese Enchiladas from Lil Luna
White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce from Let’s Dish Recipes
Spicy Cheese and Beef Enchiladas from Center Cut Cook
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Beef Enchiladas Verde
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 large tomatillos diced
- 1 large jalapeno seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 large tomatillos diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/4 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- For the meat: Heat up oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add diced onion and saute until transparent.
- Add ground beef, breaking it up as much as you can. Cover and cook until almost done, stirring and breaking up clumps often.
- Add diced tomatillos, diced jalapeno and minced garlic. Stir well.
- Add spices, stir well and cook until vegetables are soft and meat is fully done. (Strain off the juice.)
- For the sauce: heat up oil in a small sauce pot.
- Add diced tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Cook covered, over medium heat, until vegetables are softened. Add cilantro and spies, stir well.
- Using your immersion blender, puree all the vegetables. (Be careful of the hot splatter.)
- Stir in heavy cream and sour cream. Blend more if needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Spread a little bit of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- To assemble:
- Scoop some beef mixture in a tortilla and add some Mexican mix cheese on top. Roll tortilla and place it in the baking dish, seam down. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and beef.
- Pour remaining sauce all over enchiladas and sprinkle Monterrey Jack cheese on top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.