This Salsa Verde is a wonderful alternative to the classic tomato salsa. It’s packed with green tomatillos, onion, jalapeno peppers, herbs, and so much more.
Have you tried this version of a salsa? I’ve tried salsa verde for the first time at Moe’s and I thought it was pretty good. Of course, it was a little too spicy for me, so I couldn’t exactly dive into it as much as I’d like to. I needed to recreate it but for my own “weakling” taste. So I got some perfect tomatillos at the farmer’s market and decided to make my own.
I am now in love! I don’t know if I will ever eat regular salsa ever again! The flavors are so crisp and refreshing, it’s a wonderful salsa for any occasion.
Oh, and don’t think that you can use this salsa only with chips, try adding it over some grilled chicken or fish. Add it to chicken breast and cook it in the crock pot, then shred it and eat with tacos.
Just add a little on top or cooked together with meats and this salsa verde will add some fabulous flavors.
Possibilities don’t stop there, top off your tacos and enchiladas with it for more zest.
How to make Salsa Verde:
Make sure to remove husks from tomatillos and wash them well before preparing salsa.
Cut veggies into chunks so it blends easier.
Place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend well. That’s it, that easy.
Store in a glass container with a lid, in the refrigerator.
- 5 large tomatillos husks removed, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large jalapeno seeds removed (if you like spice, leave the seeds in and even add another pepper)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Make sure to remove husks from tomatillos and wash them well before preparing salsa.
- Cut veggies into chunks so it blends easier.
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend well. That's it, that easy.
- Store in a glass container with a lid, in the refrigerator.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!