Taco Nachos with Waffle Fries is an easy appetizer that will knock everyone’s socks off! Crispy baked waffles fries loaded with taco beef, tomatoes, avocado green onions and cheese.
Oh yes, your eyes don’t deceive you! This is as awesome as it looks and sounds!
Football officially starts tomorrow! (Ouch…I know you’re excited but you didn’t have to “wooo” so loud.) So it’s time for some rocking finger foods and snacks. I’ve been seeing so many great ideas from other talented bloggers, I can hardly keep up. Deliciousness is everywhere, so rest assured that there are lots of recipes and ideas out there to keep all the parties interesting.
Since football season is here, it’s about to get loud and it’s about to get rowdy. Personally, I am not one of the big football fans but I am a fan of parties and having fun with friends. I hate being left out of any excitement so I decided a long time ago that “if you can’t beat them, join them!”
I definitely watch football (when I have to), but I do it a little differently. No, I don’t understand much of what’s going on, so I just wait for someone to score.
There are just too many crazy rules and no matter how much guys tried to teach me, I still haven’t learned them all. I think all the space in my head that’s set aside for sports is taken up by baseball. (Go Yanks!)
So whether you watch for the game or you watch for the company, these taco loaded waffle fries nachos are great for football Sundays (and Mondays). Very easy to make and “swallow-your-tongue” kind of delicious. It’s like a perfect marriage between tacos, fries and nachos.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Loaded Pub Fries from A Family Feast
Loaded Bacon and Cheese Fries from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Crispy Loaded Buffalo Oven Fries from How Sweet It Is
Loaded Maple Bacon Donut Fries from Beyond Frosting
Taco Waffle Fries Nachos
- 22 oz bag of waffle fries
- 1/2 lb beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 large tomato seeds taken out and diced
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Optional: sour cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 400, spread waffles fries on a large, greased cookie sheet. Make sure that fries is spread in one layer. Bake until golden and crispy.
- While fries is baking: Heat up oil in a medium cooking pan, over medium heat, and saute diced yellow onions until translucent. Add beef, breaking in up finely, and taco seasoning. Mix well and cook until beef is fully done.
- Once fries is cooked, transfer it to a smaller baking sheet, so it's in one thick layer. (It's okay for some to overlap here.)
- Drain all the juice from cooked beef and spread it evenly over fries. Spread cheeses over the top and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Take out and spread diced tomatoes, avocado and green onion over the top and add sour cream if desired.
- Serve right away.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!