Delicate, smooth, exotic fluff salad dessert made with coconut pudding, marshmallows, toasted coconut and cashews. It’s the next best thing since coconut cream pie.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
“This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. All opinions and text are 100% my own.”
This has been a fun week of new and exciting experiences for me. I got to play around with my grill, I finally got a haircut, and I got to try two new delicious treats.
New grilling recipes were great, haircut is great, but let me tell you about this fluff salad that I tried for the very first time this week. First of all, I didn’t know such thing existed until a couple of months ago. Second of all…I’ve been missing out big time!
I shared a fluff salad from a blogger friend of mine of my Facebook page a couple of months ago because it seemed so interesting. I’ve never heard of anything like that before and it had marshmallows in it. A “salad” with marshmallows in it is my kind of salad. Of course, it’s a dessert dish but I love the fact that I can call something that’s loaded with marshmallows and cream a “salad.”
After I shared my friend’s recipe, I went to do a little research. You wouldn’t believe just how many different fluff salads there are. It’s a real dessert craze and I had to jump on the band wagon and try one. Let me just tell you, I don’t know how I’ve lived without this heavenly creation. It’s the next best thing since cream pie, coconut cream pie in my case.
The inspiration for this bowl of heaven came to me after trying a brand new product from Silk®. This new beverage is called Nutchello™ and they are quite tasty. These drinks are actually very light and refreshing, it’s not overwhelming with flavor and it’s not thick and heavy like some creamy drinks can be. The flavors are timid yet distinctive. Every sip leaves you craving a little more.
In fact, it’s great to enjoy over ice or served with different, sweetened foods. My son has been loving it with his waffles and pancakes for breakfast because it brings out and enhances the flavors of food. When my little man is content and takes his time with breakfast, that’s mommy’s happy time. Quiet and content child means that I can take my time getting ready, even sitting down with him and enjoying a glass of Nutchello and a cup of coffee in peace. That’s my happy time, being able to have a calm morning before heading to school/work.
That’s exactly what inspired this Toasted Coconut Cashew Fluff Salad creation. As soon as we got a bottle of Nutchello™, toasted coconut cashew flavor of course since we are both coconut addicts, we had to crack it open and try it. The second I tasted it, I instantly got a desire for coconut cream pie. The flavor of this Nutchello™ drink is reminiscent of a coconut cream pie and once it hit me, I had to make a dessert inspired by this drink and the pie.
This fluff salad is simply divine. It’s smooth, it’s creamy, it’s silky, and it’s packed with exotic flavors of toasted coconut and cashews. Imagine sitting on a coconut cloud and eating it, that’s pretty much what it’s like to eat this salad. Cashews provide a soft crunch and a powerful flavor addition. Toasted coconut really needs no explanation, it’s always an amazing flavor.
Toasted Coconut Cashew Fluff Salad
- 3 oz packet of coconut cream pudding cook & serve kind
- 1 cup Nutchello™ toasted coconut cashew flavor
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 8 oz whipped topping lite
- 8 oz mini marshmallows
- 1 cup crushed cashews
- Combine the packet of coconut cream pudding and 1 cup of Nutchello™ in a sauce pot. Stir well and bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once thickened, take off heat and cool. Place in the refrigerator until it gets cold.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spread coconut flakes in one even, thin layer on a baking sheet. Bake coconut for 5-8 minutes until it turns golden brown. Make sure to stir coconut every couple of minutes so that it toasts evenly. Keep an eye on it and transfer it to a bowl as soon as you take it out of the oven. If you leave it on the hot baking sheet, it will keep cooking.
- Once the pudding is cooled, fold it with whipped topping until evenly incorporated.
- Fold in mini marshmallows.
- Fold in toasted coconut and crushed cashews.
- Transfer the mixture into a container with a lid and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Tasty Recipes From Me: