Amazing simple pasta dish, perfect for a simple meatless night. Angel hair pasta sauteed with mushrooms, garlic, cilantro and all flavored with truffle oil and topped with Parmesan cheese.
So I open my pantry door the other day, to find something, and I dig and I dig and I stumble on something I’ve had for a long time but completely forgot about. I found truffle oil!! I love truffle oil and I can’t imagine how I could have forgotten about it, but I did. It’s surprising considering I order truffle fries at the restaurants all the time and always swear that I will make them at home.
Anyway, I immediately decided to use the oil for dinner. I made this simple and heavenly pasta dish and it was a huge hit. Apartment smelled amazing for like two days and I’m already craving it again.
Truffle Oil Pasta and Mushrooms
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp truffle oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro optional
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package, strain, and set aside.
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms until almost cooked.
- Press garlic and add it to the pan. Saute until fragrant.
- Add pasta and stir well.
- Add remaining olive oil and truffle oil, cilantro, salt and pepper. Toss and sauté for about a minute.
- When serving, grate fresh Parmesan cheese on top.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!