Last week, I decided to treat my boys to some scalloped potatoes, they were gone in a flash!
7-8 medium size red potatoes
3 garlic cloves, grated
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
3/4 cup mayo
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 13×9 baking pan well with some vegetable oil
2. In a mixing bowl whist together sour cream, mayo, heavy cream, garlic, minced parsley and chopped onion ( and some salt and pepper)
3. Slice potatoes thin
4. Start layering in the greased pan…half of the potatoes (salt and pepper potatoes a little bit), then 1/2 the sauce, then 1/2 or all the cheeses
5. Repeat the second layer…remaining potatoes, remaining sauce, remaining cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour
7. Take off the foil and bake fore another 20 minutes. Insert a knife in the thickest part to make sure that the potatoes are well cooked.
* I am linking this recipe to the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday parties in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!