|Thank you to my sues-chef as well!|
3/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup cherry coke syrup (it is 2 cups of cherry cola cooked down to 1/2 cup)
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
9 oz butter
6 oz icing sugar
3 egg yolks
4 oz dark chocolate, melted and cooled
Preheat the oven to 350
1. Beat butter until soft and smooth.
2. Add sugar and beat until creamy.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Beat in cherry coke syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract and milk.
5. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
6. Line muffin tray with liners. Fill cups 2/3 full.
7. Reduce oven heat to 325. Bake for 20 min.
For Chocolate Buttercream filling:
1. Warm the chocolate in a double boiler until melted (or melt it slowly in microwave, a few seconds at a time) and allow to cool slightly.
2. Beat the butter until it is fluffy (about 3-5 minutes) and then add the icing sugar and the egg yolk alternately, beating after each addition. The mixture should be very fluffy.
3. Gradually beat in the melted chocolate drop by drop.
8. Frost the cooled cupcakes.
* I am linking this recipe to the ALL THE PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?
One year ago: My very first recipe: Broccoli Cheese Soup!