Garlic and Parmesan is a delicious classic flavor combination that shines in each chicken mini meatloaf and the creamy sauce on top. These individual meatloaves are perfect for dinner or an after-school snack.
So I think I completely missed summer, I blinked and it’s back-to-school time already!
Where did summer go? I was just starting to enjoy it and here we are, talking about school, and even Halloween and Christmas. I’m seeing countdowns to fall holidays on Facebook already. Too soon, it’s just TOO SOON. We are barely in August and already planning Halloween.
There is one part of fall holiday planning that I am actually enjoying and that’s pumpkin recipes. I’m happy that pumpkin a coming back and I’m already starting to bake and cook pumpkin dishes. My son actually requested pumpkin pancakes for his birthday breakfast this week and pumpkin cake in a mug as dessert. He’s just like mamma, all about the pumpkin.
But, enough about pumpkin for today, we’re here for some delicious Garlic Parmesan Chicken Mini Meatloaf cups.
We were obsessed with these juicy chicken meatloaves. I made them twice in one week, which is actually quite rare for me. You know I had a successful recipe for my guys when they ask me to make it again as soon as they finished the first batch.
I think it’s the combination of sauce and the juicy meatloaves. The creamy Parmesan sauce here is outstanding, and it’s so easy to make too. Just a few ingredients, a few minutes cooking, and you got quite an addicting, cheesy sauce. That sauce is SO good, you’ll just want to drink it by spoonfuls.
Some More Recipes To Try:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Mini Meatloaf
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1/2 yellow onion diced (about 1/2 cup diced)
- 8-10 garlic cloves pressed
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs or 2 slices of dense bread, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 3 oz fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Optional: extra fresh grated Parmesan cheese to top
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a muffin baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, diced yellow onion, pressed garlic, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, fresh grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix very well, until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Form balls of ground chicken mixture big enough to fill a muffin cup completely. Press them into a muffin cup. You can add some more fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Preheat a sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add oil and pressed garlic. Saute garlic just until fragrant and whisk in flour.
- Start slowly pouring in heavy whipping cream while whisking. Season with some salt and let the mixture heath though, stirring often.
- Once the heavy cream mixture in hot (but not boiling), whisk in fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Keep mixing slowly until the cheese is all melted and incorporated.
- Stir in parsley and take off heat.
- Top each mini meatloaf with creamy sauce as you serve it.
To make this dish gluten free, you can use 2 slices of gluten free bread instead of bread crumbs in the actual meatloaves. For the sauce, I just eliminate the flour all together but it you do wish to thicken the sauce, use gluten free flour or 1/2 Tbsp corn starch (mix corn starch with a splash of cold water before adding to hot heavy cream.) Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.