July 4th is almost here! I’m sure you’re rolling out your grill and deciding on that to serve. This pasta salad would be a great addition to your barbecue party!
I made this pasta last week, on one of my husband’s days off. I was hoping that we could go to the park and have a little grill out. We were all ready to go after little man’s nap time. We even got a new bubble blower for the kiddo to play with and I prepared a bunch of food.
Unfortunately, our plans always seem to get ruined somehow. It started to rain, and rain, and rain! Yuck…
Inside picnic is not as much fun but the food was great!
There is a little tip that my husband wanted to me to include. It’s optional, but try adding some fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top, when serving. He is a Parmesan junkie, so he tries to add it to everything but here it actually worked very well. If you don’t have fresh grated, try dry Parmesan. I always keep some fresh Parmesan because the shelf life is pretty long if it’s wrapped tight and the taste is so much better than dry.
- 6 oz dry Farfalle pasta (makes about 3 cups cooked)
- 6-8 strips of crispy- baked bacon
- 2/3 cup of peas
- 2/3 cup of corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tbs minced fresh dill weed
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Cook pasta according to the box directions. Strain and set aside to cool.
- Crumble the crispy bacon and add it to pasta. Make sure pasta is cooled to room temperature.
- Add peas, corn, dill weed and green onion. Mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and whisk them together.
- Add the sauce to the pasta mixture and mix well until all evenly combined.
- **Tip:* This tip comes from my husband. He is a Parmesan cheese junkie so he added some fresh grated Parmesan on top and he said it was awesome. Try it!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
Need more barbeque ideas?