You’ve probably noticed that I absolutely love coconut and Almond Joy and my favorite candy. I’m sure that I have many “coconutty buddies” out there and this dessert is for you!
It’s Almond Joy Brownies and they are sooo yummy! A layer of coconut and almond mixture, topped with moist and fudgy brownies and some toasted almonds on top.
These brownies turned out ummmmmm-mazing!
They are moist and fudgy … and the coconut goes very well with the brownie. Toasted almonds add that extra crunch that many of us like in desserts.
Little man demolished these brownies in a heat beat. I found him at the table covered in it with chocolate crumbs all over his face. I wish that I would have taken a picture to show you but I was laughing to hard.
Making these brownies might have a side effect messy face, hands and table! So worth it though!
I found some awesome almonds. They are coconut almonds and it’s like they are coated in coconut powder. I got them in the nut section of the grocery store and used them in these brownies. The bottom coconut mixture is where I used these coconut almonds. If you find them at the store, I definitely recommend trying it.
Any chocolate is guaranteed to satisfy, but throw in coconut and toasted almond and you will be in heaven!
- Coconut Layer:
- 3 cups of coconut
- ½ cup + 2 tbs condensed milk
- ½ cup of whole toasted almonds, chopped
- 10 tbs butter
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup of water
- 1½ cups of flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 6 oz of sliced toasted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Coconut mixture:
- Mix coconut, chopped almond and condensed milk until all evenly incorporated. Spread over the bottom of the baking dish but don't make it even.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in the sauce pot, on medium heat. Stir often. Once everything is evenly melted, take off heat and stir in brown sugar.
- Transfer to the large mixing bowl to cool down.
- Once cooled, add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and water.
- Sift in flour and baking soda. Whisk until all evenly incorporated.
- Pour the batter over the coconut mixture.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and bake for 30-32 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck andRattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
More For Inspiration: