Soft and chewy Nutella Brownies are an addicting chocolate treat that no one can resist. These amazing easy brownies get their moist and creamy texture from the addition of Nutella chocolate spread right in the brownies batter and some extra spread over the top. Perfect chocolate dessert to bring to a potluck party or just to share on a Friday night. Try it warm with some vanilla ice cream on top.
Nutella makes an appearance in many of our desserts. If you are as much of a fan as we are, you will love my easy desserts like Nutella No Bake Cheesecake and Nutella Tiramisu. Whip up a batch of Nutella Cookies along with these brownies too.
The best aroma that can fill your house is from homemade treats fresh from the oven. That’s why real estate agents use the fresh baked cookie trick during open house visits. It’s meant to make you feel at home. I’m sure if they try baking some Nutella Brownies, they would instantly create a bidding war.
The aroma that fills the house while these brownies are baking is heavenly. Chocolate treat with a touch of hazelnuts. That can’t be beaten.
What are Nutella Brownies you ask? It’s brownies that are made with Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread. Sounds simple, right? It really is an easy brownie recipe with a whole lot of Nutella added to the batter. The result is a rich, creamy, chewy brownie that is like no other.
Nutella adds an amazing texture to the brownies, it makes them more moist and so creamy. The flavor of Nutella won’t be as pronounced as if you were eating Nutella straight from the jar, not like we’ve never done that, but it is a rich, chocolate flavor with a hint of hazelnuts.
To make the hazelnut flavor a little more pronounced, you can add a cup of chopped or halved hazelnuts to the brownie batter. If you’re feeling even more adventurous, add a tablespoon of hazelnut liqueur to the batter too.
TIPS FOR MAKING NUTELLA BROWNIES
If you like your brownies to be a little more gooey and moist, it’s okay to under-bake them by a few minutes. Check them at 30-33 minutes to see if your gooey brownies are perfect.
On the other hand, if you like your brownies to be a little more cooked, bake them for about 40-45 minutes.
Make sure to line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. It makes for an easier clean up and it’s easier to take the brownies out of the pan.
Wait until brownies have completely cooled before transferring them onto the cutting board to cut. Gently lift the parchment paper or foil end on the side of the pan, and pull on the paper to slide the whole thing out of the pan. Make sure to tilt the pan a little towards the cutting board to minimize the chance of breaking.
Cut brownies using a serrated knife.
HOW TO STORE NUTELLA BROWNIES
Brownies can easily be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator. (I love cold brownies.)
Store brownies in an air-tight container at room temperature for about 2 days or in the refrigerator for about 4 days. After that, they will start getting more and more stale.
Nutella brownies can be frozen too!
Cut cooled brownies into squares first and then wrap each brownie in a 2-3 layers of plastic wrap. Lay wrapped brownies on a cutting board and place in the freezer for about 2 hours. After the brownies had time to freeze, you can stack them and place them inside a large zip-lock freezer bag. Let the air out, label, and freeze for up to 3 months.
You can take out 1 brownie at a time and let it defrost on the counter for about 30 minutes. It makes a great treat to pack with lunch.
SOME MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella separated
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9×9 baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil inside with some cooking oil spray.
- In a small sauce pot, melt butter over medium heat and whisk in 1 cup of Nutella until all combined and smooth. Take off heat and let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Pour Nutella mixture into a large mixing bowl and whisk in sugar.
- Make sure that the mixture is not too hot and add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Whisk vigorously for about a minute.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Warm up remaining 1/2 cup of Nutella and spoon a dollop of Nutella all over the top of brownie mixture. Using a thin spatula, swirl Nutella spread all over the top of the brownie batter in figure 8s. Gently shake the pan a couple of times to make sure batter is all even.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature before cutting.