If you’re not in love with this Nutella Tiramisu at first sight, you will be once you taste it. This Tiramisu is very easy to make, it has no raw egg in the cream, and lot’s of Nutella flavor throughout.
As a new parent or a parent of a new baby, we are quite familiar with sleep deprivation. The little one and the big one have teamed up to make sure that I don’t sleep and therefore, they can get away with anything. I believe that is their plan and you can’t convince my sleep deprived mind otherwise.
I don’t know about you but for me, being sleep deprived means that I listed to my rational voice a lot less. That same rational voice that tells me NOT to eat chocolate desserts for breakfast. I am not usually a morning person at all and kids keeping me up half the night is not helping. In a zombie-like state, my voice of reason tends to be silent when I open the fridge, see a Nutella Tiramisu or a Chocolate Mousse and think, “oh, why not?!”
And there is NOTHING that tastes better in the morning like a giant cup of coffee and chocolate dessert next to it. Who needs eggs when you have Nutella Tiramisu?
This super easy Tiramisu is made with layers of whipped mascarpone and Nutella cream and ladyfinger cookies that have been soaked in Nutella infused coffee. If that is not enough Nutella for you (because it’s truly never enough), there is some Nutella drizzled on top of the complete dessert as well.
This simple Nutella heaven can be prepared the night before and enjoyed any time. You may notice how strongly I’m hinting that this can be served for breakfast. So if you feel like treating your loved one with a special breakfast on Valentine’s Day, go for it!!
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp rum extract (2 Tbsp of rum can be used instead)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 10 oz lady finger cookies (you can use a little more or a little less depending on how tight you pack them)
- 8 oz very strong HOT coffee (or use instant espresso powder mixed with water)
- 3 Tbsp Nutella
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Nutella (warmed for easy drizzle)
- Prepare hot, strong coffee and stir in Nutella until combined. Cool to room temerature
- (Use whisk attachment for the cream.)
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add mascarpone cheese, heavy whipping cream, rum extract and Nutella. Start on low speed to mix the ingredients and gradually increase the speed over a few seconds to medium-high.
- Slowly pour in the sugar as the mixture thickens while mixing. Do no walk away, this will be ready fast! Beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form and gradually lower the speed, over a couple of seconds.
- Using a spatula, scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and gently fold the cream mixture to mix. Set aside.
- In an 8x8 high-rimmed dish, start by layering half of the Ladyfingers cookies. Slowly dip each cookie in cooled coffee mixture but don't soak them too much or they will fall apart in your hands.
- Cover the cookie layer with half of mascarpone cream mixture, making sure it's even all over.
- Layer remaining coffee dipped cookies over the cream and cover with remaining mascarpone cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Warm Nutella in a zip-lock bag. (A few seconds is plenty.) Cut off a little tip on the bag and generously drizzle with warmed Nutella.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Some More Dessert Recipes From Me:
Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes