This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. Pasta Primavera is loaded with different vegetables, tossed in smooth creamy sauce and make in a cast iron skillet!
I don’t eat pasta very often ( that’s my hubby’s addiction) but when I do, I make it count! I also like to load my pasta with veggies when I know that I will be eating some, so it counts as having something healthy with pasta. That is why Pasta Primavera is one of my favorite pasta dishes.
I was actually picking up some spaghetti for my big pasta addict last week and I stumbled on these new veggie loaded penne pastas. I believe that they are made by Barilla in two different flavors. I immediately got them both to try. I used tomato/carrot penne in this dish and it was scrumptious! You don’t have to use that same one but I do suggest it because of how yummy it is!
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 large shallot
- 5-6 medium mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt, pepper
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (+ a little more for topping)
- salt to taste
- Cook penne until almost done and set aside.
- Rub the bottom and sides of your skillet with olive oil (make sure your skillet is seasoned first) and preheat it over medium heat.
- Cut your veggies and add them to the hot skillet. Add some salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are softened.
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Add cooked penne to the skillet and mix until veggies and pasta are incorporated.
- Whisk heavy cream, stock, salt and pepper and slowly pour it into the pasta. Slowly and carefully stir everything together.
- Add fresh grated Parmesan cheese and stir until well incorporated.
- Sprinkle more Parmesan on top and place the skillet in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully take it out and serve!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Pasta Deliciousness!