It’s National Grilled Cheese month! Took me long enough but I finally have a new grilled cheese recipe for you. This is a sandwich with a muscle, made with steak, caramelized onions and sharp white cheddar!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram.
I know that I’m a bit late with a recipe for this year’s National Grilled Cheese month but I have an excuse. Wait…no I don’t, I completely forgot. I remembered back in March that one of my favorite months was coming up but got insanely busy.
This past weekend, I finished most of my school work and now I am playing catch-up on everything else. My house is a mess during finals, so lots of cleaning and laundry to do. Spring cleaning is also in order but my Spring cleaning starts in late April. I love it though…I hate junk and have a field day, throwing away all the old stuff we don’t touch anymore. I make hubs sort out and toss his stuff too… He is such a pack rat.
After a long morning of cleaning, we definitely need a lunch that will make it all worth it.
This grilled cheese is sure to satisfy your hungry tummy. I used an eye round steak because it tender, thin and cooks in a flash. I also used sharp white cheddar cheese to give this sandwich some flavor attitude!
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
- 2 slices of Italian bread
- 1 4-oz eye round steak
- 2 oz sliced sharp white cheddar (My favorite is Cabot)
- ¼ cup sliced yellow onion
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the cooking pan on medium heat with a little bit of oil.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and saute until it reaches desired temperature. Set aside to cool until it can be handled.
- Meanwhile, saute onions in the same pan with a little bit of salt, on medium-high heat, until golden brown. Set aside.
- Slice the steak thinly.
- Layer bread, half the cheese, steak, onions, remaining cheese and second slice of bread in the cooking pan.
- Cook on medium until the cheese is melted and bread is nicely toasted.
Check out these Grilled Cheese Recipes from fellow bloggers:
Cheese Lover’s Fontina and Mozzarella Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Averie Cooks
Grilled Cheese with Gouda, Roasted Mushrooms and Onions from She Wears Many Hats
Ultimate Grilled Cheese from Julie’s Eats and Treats
More Grilled Cheese Recipes From Me:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!