Wonderful Thai Shrimp Salad! It’s made with juicy, seared shrimp flavored with honey, garlic and ginger, on top of a vegetable mixture dressed with easy, homemade peanut dressing.
I have something extra fun for you today! It’s fun for you today but it’s been fun for us during the last couple of weeks, as we worked on this challenge.
Who is “we,” you ask?
“We” are ten awesome bloggers who participated in this challenge and created these mouthwatering recipes for you!
What is the challenge, you ask now?
The challenge was us, bloggers, having a little fun and creating a Chopped-type challenge for ourselves. We had a list of ten ingredients and we had to use at least 4 in our main dish or an appetizer recipe. The ingredients included:
The second I saw “honey” and “ginger,” I knew I was going to make something Thai. Shrimp always beats chicken in my book too.
So now you have ten great recipes to try right here. You have some shrimp dishes, some chicken…lots of shrimp…I mean shrimp popped up in the ingredient choices so who would pass that up?…I love shrimp….”I need to get off shrimp,”…”stop saying “shrimp!”
I’m okay…this is one fantastic salad! (It’s also late and I had a lot of coffee.)
- ½ lb raw shrimp
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- Squeeze of ¼ lemon
- 2 oz baby kale
- 1 small cucumber, skinned and seeded
- 1 small carrot, skinned
- ¼ cup scallions
- 1 small red bell pepper
- ¾ cup red cabbage
- 3 Tbsp peanuts
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- First, make sure to take shells off of shrimp and devein them. (If needed.)
- Slice cucumber, carrot, red pepper and red cabbage thin and add it all to a large mixing bowl. Add baby kale and peanuts as well.
- In a small cup, combine all ingredients for the dressing and whisk until smooth.
- Add dressing to the bowl with vegetables and mix well.
- Divide salad among two plates.
- In a small bowl, mix shrimp with honey, grated garlic, grated ginger, peanut oil, lemon juice and salt. Mix until shrimp are well coated. Let them marinade while you are pre-heating the skillet.
- Pre-heat the skillet on medium-high until it is well heated through. Lower heat to medium.
- Add shrimp and sear just until they turn pink, flip and sear until they turn pink on the other side. (It will take 3-5 minutes, depending on size of shrimp.) Be careful not to overcook them.
- Top salads off with shrimp.
- Serve right away.
Bacon Wrapped Ginger Soy Chicken from Yellow Bliss Road
Quinoa & Kale Salad with Honey Ginger Dressing from Katie’s Cucina
Skinny One Pot Lemon Shrimp Alfredo from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Thai Coconut Soup from Yummy Healthy Easy
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Ginger Chicken from Your Homebased Mom
Thai Shrimp Salad with Peanut Dressing from Will Cook for Smiles
Honey Baked Chicken Over Lemon Rice from The Weary Chef
Honey Baked Chicken and Potatoes from Cravings of a Lunatic
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs with Honey Dijon Glaze from A Beautiful Bite
Honey Ginger Shrimp Skewers from Five Heart Home
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
You can PIN this collage of all the recipes: