Juicy chicken drumsticks cooked in a simple Honey Guinness sauce. These Honey Guinness Chicken Drumsticks are first marinated in Honey Guinness sauce, seared, and then baked in the same delicious sauce. Beautiful flavors and simple to make.
Guinness Chicken Drumsticks
Light meat or dark meat?
We hear this question every holiday dinner when choosing the best cut of turkey (or chicken). Whether it’s turkey or chicken, my answer is always, “dark meat!” I’m actually surprised that white meat is so much more popular with other people. Dark meat has a lot more juicy and had more flavor. The more flavor, the better the dish!
When I was little, my mom would always make either chicken drumsticks or a whole chicken for us. I don’t think that I ever even touched chicken breast on the whole chicken, it was kind of understood that thighs were mine. Well, thighs and crispy skin off of the rest of the chicken. My mom hated it when I’d steak all the chicken skin.
I always waited until we were done with dinner and then, I’d sneak into the kitchen and pick off the crispy skin off the chicken. Mom would go to put the chicken away in the fridge and see a naked chicken sitting there. She’s get mad every time but to me, crispy chicken skin was just too tasty and totally worth it.
I still do it. I still steal crispy skin off the chicken and chicken drumsticks. My husband jokes sometimes that he has to get to the chicken drumsticks as fast as he can, before they are all naked. I can’t help it, it’s too yummy!
It’s even yummier with glazed, marinated, or cooked in a tasty rub and sauce. This Honey Guinness sauce is to die for. It’s tangy, sweet, and a little bitter. All flavors work great together.
These Guinness Chicken Drumsticks will be perfect paired with some mashed potatoes.
SOME MORE CHICKEN RECIPE YOU WILL LOVE:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Honey Guinness Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks (can use 8-12, as much as fits in the pan)
- 1 red onion
Honey Guinness sauce:
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups Guinness beer
- In a large bowl, add pressed garlic, Worcestershire sauce, honey, and Guinness beer. Let Guinness foam settle down and slowly whisk ingredients together until combined.
- In a large zip-lock bag, add chicken drumsticks and pour in the Honey Guinness sauce. Let chicken marinade for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Preheat an oven-safe cooking pan (or a skillet) over medium-high heat and add some canola oil for cooking.
- Slice onions and add them to the pan.
- Take out the chicken drumsticks and place them into the hot pan to sear. Sear chicken drumsticks on all sides for a few minutes.
- Pour in the sauce, bring to simmer and transfer into the preheated oven.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes, depending on thickness of drumsticks.