A side dish that you will definitely want to have on your table at your next barbecue. Tortellini salad loaded with salami, capicola ham, pepperoni, fresh mozzarella cheese, homemade basic Italian dressing and much more.
How was everyone’s long holiday weekend?
Aren’t those great? At least from what I remember they were. Now that I work from home, it truly makes no difference to me. It just means that little man will be at home a day longer. Although, I was good and actually took the holiday off, completely unplugged. I love doing that and my family loves it when I do that but the mount of work that I come to the next morning is not very pleasant.
We actually had a very nice holiday weekend. I made this salad to take with us to the beach, for a nice grilling and picnic at the beach. The plan was great: go to the farmer’s market near the beach and then go to the beach side park for picnic and beach day. Well there was one little thing we didn’t take in consideration…it was a Saturday of a Memorial Day weekend! Yeeaaa….even setting the traffic aside, when we drove up to the park, a big sign read “park is full, wait time 45 minutes.” That meant that if you just wanted to get it, you had to wait in the car, by the park for 45 minutes.
Luckily, we live on the Florida coast, so there is many miles of beach and many parks on the way. We did manage to find a park that was not overflowing with people but the picnic areas were all taken. No grilling for us but the salad was fantastic! Even if we ate it right on the beach.
- 1 lb 4 oz three cheese tortellini
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ⅔ cup banana peppers, chopped
- ¼ lb capicola ham, chopped
- ¼ lb pepperoni, chopped
- ⅓ lb hard salami, chipped
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced Italian parsley
- 6-8 basil leaves, minced
- ½ cup virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar (white wine vinegar can be substituted)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ (or ½ is desired) tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp dry herb de provence
- Cook tortellini according to the package, drain well and transfer into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil so it won't stick together and let it cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Chop meats, tomatoes, banana peppers and cheese. Add it to the cooled tortellini in the bowl.
- Mince herbs and add it to the mixing bowl as well. Add some salt and mix well.
- In a jar with a lid, combine ingredients for the dressing. Close the jar and shake well.
- Pour dressing into the bowl with tortellini mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate salad before serving.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Tortellini Pasta with Tomatoes Feta and Corn from Five Heart Home
Greek Tortellini Pasta from Slow Roasted Italian
Tortellini Pasta Salad from Spoonful of Flavor
BLT Tortellini Salad from Lemons for Lulu
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: