Delicious, aromatic new salad dressing to brighten even the most boring salad. This blueberry vinaigrette is made with fresh blueberries, shallots, balsamic vinegar, and more tasty ingredients. Lavender also adds special flavor and aroma to this dressing.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
How are you holding up with your New Year’s resolutions?
My pantry and kitchen are still the same. Shame, shame, shame. What’s even more shameful is my Christmas decorations. The lights are still on the house and I just took down the decorations inside yesterday. I wish I had a good excuse but it’s the same old work and little man that are keeping me busy. But, I am itching to start organizing, so the desire hasn’t gone away.
My husband is doing very well with his healthy eating. Although, I can only vouch for what we eat at home and he might be sneaking some sweets at work. He is sneaky like that.
With my husband eating healthier, we eat a lot more salads now. I thought it would be fun to add some more dressing options to my repertoire. Even though my absolute favorite dressing is Ranch, vinaigrette dressings are a healthier option.
I already have a nice Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette and a Blackberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette options but I need more, more flavors and more varieties. Blueberry is always my favorite berry and blueberry vinaigrette was something I’ve wanted to try for a while.
Lavender makes this dressing extra special. It’s very easy to cook and bake with lavender but the most important thing to remember is that it’s very potent. A little lavender goes a long way for flavor and aroma. If you add too much lavender, it will overpower everything. If you add just enough, it will bring a beautiful depth of flavor to your dish.
- 14-16 oz blueberries
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 Tbsp oil for cooking
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp lavender
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- ¾ to 1 cup olive oil
- Preheat a small pan over medium heat and add a little bit of vegetable oil.
- Add diced shallot and saute until transparent.
- Add blueberries and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Press on the blueberries to start mashing them.
- Raise the heat a little bit and add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Mix well and simmer until liquid is reduced by about half. Stir often.
- Stir in lavender and cook for about a minute.
- Take off heat and add cooked mixture to the blender.
- Add ½ cup of olive oil, salt, and pepper to the blender. Blend well and add more olive oil until thinned enough.
- Transfer into a container and set aside until completely cooled.
- Keep in the refrigerator, in a jar with a lid.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Tasty Recipes From Me: