Summer just got more delicious! This refreshing drink is a homemade Arnold Palmer, which is a mixture of iced tea and lemonade, that is flavored with fresh cherry compote.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Want a refreshing summer drink that will make your taste buds happy? You got it!
This is a new family favorite summer refreshment and I can see it becoming THE summer favorite drink. There is no need to choose between iced tea or lemonade here because it’s all together, it’s all delicious, and it’s all flavored with a fresh cherry compote.
The bold flavors of this drink is what you will keep craving after each sip. Fresh lemonade, fresh cherry compote, and refreshing tea, all come together to bring you a new delicious drink this summer.
For a hot and sticky summer day, there is nothing better than a cold, refreshing drink. This Cherry Arnold Palmer provides that and so much more with its sweet, fresh flavors.
As perfect as this drink is for lazy summer afternoons, it’s even better for summer parties. This refreshment can EASILY be turned into a summer party cocktail. Classic version of an Arnold Palmer cocktail is served with vodka but this is no ordinary drink. Because it is made with cherry flavors, vodka is not the best compliment here.
Feel free to add some BRANDY to this Cherry Arnold Palmer and you will be singing a happy tune. Brandy will be the best compliment to turn this summer drink into a summer cocktail.
- 2½ cups fresh cherries, pitted
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 1½ cups sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 6-7 large lemons
- 10-12 cups hot, boiling water
- 4 iced tea bags*
- Squeeze the juice from all the lemons and strain the juice through the fine strainer into the pitcher.
- Pit cherries and place them into a sauce pot, heated over medium heat. Add fresh juice from lemon, vanilla, and sugar to the sauce pot with cherries. Stir well, cover, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, take off heat and let it cool.
- Bring water to boil, take off heat and add the iced tea bags. Let the tea bags steep to reach rich tea flavor. Take out the tea bags. (Let the tea cool a bit if you will be adding it to a glass pitcher. Glass pitchers tend to crack from high heat.)
- Add all cherries and juice into the pitcher with lemon juice.
- Add tea and stir well.
- Cool and refrigerate before serving
- *For the tea, use iced tea bags, they are larger. If using regular tea bags, you will need to adjust the amount.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: