Such a refreshing way to relax on your patio after a long and hot work week, with this Grapefruit Sangria! Delicious sangria made with fresh grapefruit, juice and rum.
I don’t know about you, but I have a pretty good weekend coming up! I will definitely be relaxing with one of these in my hand. We will be baby-free this weekend! The little man will he hanging out with his grandparents and auntie for two days.
That excitement is not for being baby-free but for finally having some time to relax and time out, just hubby and I. I don’t know what kids complain about… I LOVE time out!
This weekend means no curfew! Yes, I am an adult and when I go out, I have a curfew. We always have to be home in time to let the babysitter ( aka, grandma) go home or be home early because the little man just refuses to sleep past 7 a.m. (That will be a nice surprise to grandma too.)
This weekend, we can stay out as late as we want!! Can you say “PARTY?!” We get to go to a movie, comedy club, bar, lounge and anywhere else we want. I don’t think we will be wasting any time sleeping, too much fun to be had!
I think that I will start my Saturday morning this one of these Grapefruit Sangrias. Because I can!
This sangria is so relaxing and delicious. It just screams “summer!”
It’s very easy to make and nope, they are not bitter!
- My pitcher is about 60 oz
- 1 large grapefruit
- 1/3 cup of white granulate sugar + 2 tbs hot water to make simple syrup
- 5 oz light rum
- 3 oz Triple sec
- 20 oz of White Zinfandel wine
- Grapefruit juice to fill the pitcher about 30 oz
- Cut the grapefruit in half. Squeeze one half into the pitcher and slice the other half.
- To make simple syrup, just stir the sugar and hot water until the sugar is melted.
- Combine wine, simple syrup, grapefruit juice, rum and triple sec in the pitcher.
- Stir well and add the grapefruit slices.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!