Such a refreshing way to relax on your patio after a long and hot work week, with this Grapefruit Sangria. Delicious sangria made with fresh grapefruit, wine, grapefruit juice, and rum.
I don’t know about you, but I have a pretty good weekend coming up! I will definitely be relaxing with one of these in my hand. We will be baby-free this weekend! The little man will he hanging out with his grandparents and auntie for two days.
That excitement is not for being baby-free but for finally having some time to relax and time out, just hubby and I. I don’t know what kids complain about… I LOVE time out!
This weekend means no curfew! Yes, I am an adult and when I go out, I have a curfew. We always have to be home in time to let the babysitter ( aka, grandma) go home or be home early because the little man just refuses to sleep past 7 a.m. (That will be a nice surprise to grandma too.)
This weekend, we can stay out as late as we want!! Can you say “PARTY?!” We get to go to a movie, comedy club, bar, lounge and anywhere else we want. I don’t think we will be wasting any time sleeping, too much fun to be had!
I think that I will start my Saturday morning this one of these Grapefruit Sangrias. Because I can!
This sangria is so relaxing and delicious. It just screams “summer!”
It’s very easy to make and nope, it is n not bitter!
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
- 1 large ripe grapefruit
- 1/3 cup white granulate sugar + 2 tbs hot water to make simple syrup
- 6 oz light rum
- 3 oz Triple sec
- 20 oz White Zinfandel wine
- 30 oz Grapefruit juice to fill the pitcher
- I used a pitches that was abut 60 oz.
- Cut the grapefruit in half. Squeeze one half into the pitcher and slice the other half.
- To make simple syrup, just stir the sugar and hot water until the sugar is melted.
- Combine wine, simple syrup, grapefruit juice, rum and triple sec in the pitcher.
- Stir well and add the grapefruit slices.
Originally published on Will Cook For Smile on June 20, 2013. Updated May 4, 2019.