This is one amazing guacamole recipe that will have you reaching for a spoon instead of chips!
As much as I love getting creative and sharing original and unique recipes, I also love to make classics. Guacamole is one of my favorite classic dips. It’s ready in about five minutes, it’s healthy and deeeelicious!
I’ve played around with this this recipe for the last couple of years and this one is a winner in my book. Two key ingredients that make this guacamole amazing are fresh cilantro and cumin. Both add so much flavor to the dip.
You won’t believe it, but I have not even tasted guacamole until two years ago. Actually, I didn’t use to be a fan of avocados at all. There was something about the texture that I just couldn’t get passed. Fortunately, I worked with a friend who loved avocados and couldn’t get enough. She’s bring an avocado with lunch almost every day and the avocado-love started to rub off on me. One day, I braved myself to try guac for the first time and that was it… I was hooked!
I know many people like to have their guacamole plain, simply avocado and some lime juice, but I like a pop of flavor that is added by red onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, spices and herbs. Mashed avocado is just a mashed avocado without all the extra veggies, herbs and spices in it. So don’t be afraid of flavor and make it pop!
HOW CAN YOU USE GUACAMOLE:
- Uses for guacamole are virtually endless, it is not just a dip!
- Top your favorite taco recipes with a dollop of guacamole.
- Burgers and sandwiches can also benefit from an addition of fresh guacamole. Much like this delightful Shrimp Burger.
- Don’t forget about nachos! Crispy tortilla chips piled high with chicken, beef, cheese and veggies can only be better with some guacamole.
Amazing Guacamole Recipe
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 medium tomato seeds removed
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 lg jalapeno
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder I highly recommend chipotle chili powder
- Cut avocados in half and scoop out avocado pulp into a mixing bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Seed and mince jalapeno. Mince red onion and dice tomato. Add veggies to avocado.
- Squeeze in lime juice and add remaining ingredients to the bowl, mix well. Taste to see if you need more salt.
- Transfer into a bowl and wrap tightly with saran wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check Out These Great Recipes From Other Bloggers:
Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Two Peas In Their Pod
Individual Seven Layer Dip from A Girl Who Ate Everything
More Recipes From Me:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!