You will fall in love with these 15-minute guacamole and shrimp tacos. Crispy taco shells are packed with tasty seared shrimp, fresh guacamole, and crunchy vegetables. It’s a great combination of textures and flesh flavors.
If you want dinner in 15 minutes, these Guacamole Shrimp Tacos are the way to go!
We all have those days when you are so tired that even a thought of having to cook dinner is daunting. Those are the days when I usually open the fridge and pantry and just stare to see if I have anything that does not require much cooking. A can of cashews, cheese, and grapes have been my dinner a few times.
I cook for a living and I still have days where I don’t want to step foot in the kitchen. But, the family still needs to be fed and they get cranky when they’re hungry. That’s the days we need super easy and fast recipes.
I’ve tested these tacos and no joke, they take about 15 minutes to make. Last time I was making them, my husband was getting ready to go to work and I only had 24 minutes. I made the tacos, took pictures, and had a few minutes left over.
Anytime I only have a few minutes, I turn to shrimp. Shrimp is a fast protein that is cooked in about 5 minutes. It’s perfect for a fast recipe when you don’t have a lot of time.
When I only have a few minutes for lunch, I whip up a quick Shrimp Sandwich or a shrimp salad. As long as I am not feeling lazy, taking a few minutes spent to prepare a fresh and delicious sandwich is worth it.
HOW DO I MAKE THESE SHRIMP TACOS:
Fist, start by washing shrimp and de-veining them. (You can also buy cleaned and shelled shrimp to save time.)
Then, mix shrimp with seasoning in a small bowl and preheat the cooking pan.
Add shrimp to the pan and sear on each side until it turns opaque. While shrimp is cooking, dice your veggies for tacos. Fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado provides a nice cooling affect to a spiciness of shrimp and guacamole. And of course, you can always control how much spice you add so you can tolerate it.
Use homemade guacamole or grab your favorite one at the store. (NOTE: if you are making your own, it will take you a few extra minutes.)
When shrimp is done, all you have to do is assemble the tacos!
In a crunchy taco shell, layer guacamole, cooked shrimp, and diced veggies.
SOME MORE EASY RECIPES TO TRY:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Guacamole and Shrimp Tacos
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp
- 1 lime juice and zest from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (more if you want spicier shrimp)
- 4 corn taco shells
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 tomatoes seeds removed
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 4 oz guacamole (more if you wish)
- Rinse and de-vein shrimp if needed.
- Mix shrimp with lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, and salt.
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium-high heat and drizzle some oil. Once the pan is heated, add shrimp.
- Sear shrimp until it turns pink and opaque on one side side, flip all shrimp and let them sear on the other side until opaque. Once shrimp are done, take them out of the pan right away.
- Peel avocado, take out the pit, and dice the avocado meat. Dice cucumber, red onions, green onion, and tomatoes. Mince cilantro and set aside.
- To assemble the tacos: layer guacamole, then seared shrimp, and then veggies in the taco shell.
Originally published on Will Cook For Smiles on April 18, 2018. Updated April 29, 2020.